What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the mods

It's been a while since I've done any mods to my 2014 SCREW. That sort of thing happens when low on cash, (out of work on Long Term Disability due to back injury).

Anyway, my KO's were riding very rough, scalloped, and were beginning to hydroplane in rain. They only had 54K miles on them, but I guess that's not bad from what have I read.

I decided on the 37 KO2s and there were a lot of Black Friday deals going on. But after reading all the threads on mid-perch, pinch-weld (didn't find a good step-by step guide), bump stops, and Fox 3.0 as probable prerequisites, I figured I will do those on the next set, when the warranty expires. So instead I went with the 35 KO2 E rated and in stock. Amazing difference with the new tires, very quiet and smooth.

Also, I had intended to go with the "blacked out" look, but decided instead to add more "colorful mods" in the future. Therefore I went with the white lettering out. This is my first time on any car or truck with the white letters out, but I think they look pretty good.

I will start adding more mods as money allows. Any suggestions on what mod I should do next are welcome. Hmmm, perhaps a lift kit I spotted at the tire place :ROFLJest:

Attachments

• Raptor Tires.jpg
    Raptor Tires.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 100

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've done any mods to my 2014 SCREW. That sort of thing happens when low on cash, (out of work on Long Term Disability due to back injury).

Anyway, my KO's were riding very rough, scalloped, and were beginning to hydroplane in rain. They only had 54K miles on them, but I guess that's not bad from what have I read.

I decided on the 37 KO2s and there were a lot of Black Friday deals going on. But after reading all the threads on mid-perch, pinch-weld (didn't find a good step-by step guide), bump stops, and Fox 3.0 as probable prerequisites, I figured I will do those on the next set, when the warranty expires. So instead I went with the 35 KO2 E rated and in stock. Amazing difference with the new tires, very quiet and smooth.

Also, I had intended to go with the "blacked out" look, but decided instead to add more "colorful mods" in the future. Therefore I went with the white lettering out. This is my first time on any car or truck with the white letters out, but I think they look pretty good.

I will start adding more mods as money allows. Any suggestions on what mod I should do next are welcome. Hmmm, perhaps a lift kit I spotted at the tire place :ROFLJest:

I would go with 3.0's next. That will help with any mod you have next. Do you have stock rear leafs still? Upgrade those. That was probably the single best mod I have ever done. Really improved the ride quality!!!

Last edited:

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with 3.0's next. That will help with any mod you have next. Do you have stock rear leafs still? That was probably the single best mod I have ever done. Really improved the ride quality!!!

Thanks, that's what I was thinking too. I've read more than one owner who needed to rebuild the stock shocks before 50K miles, so I'll keep them high on my mod priority list.

I haven't researched the rear leafs springs yet. Which make/model did you get?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I was thinking too. I've read more than one owner who needed to rebuild the stock shocks before 50K miles, so I'll keep them high on my mod priority list.

I haven't researched the rear leafs springs yet. Which make/model did you get?

Currently have Deaver +3's, but they are starting to sag. Going with WSI HD's next as they seem to be holding their arch much better.

If you are mainly street use, Deaver +2 or WSI SD would be good for you. It really takes away that wondering rear-end feeling you get on the off ramps at high speeds.....

cobrajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Love the white letter out!

Ramathorn178

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Redid glove box aux connections 1-4

Fixed 42" radius front bumper light

Made brackets and installed 42" straight bar behind grill

Cut three trees down in our garden

Wired up canopy dome and brake lights

Didn't get a chance to wire up the rear bumper lights but, hopefully in the morning I'll get a chance to knock those little ******* out.

Attachments

• 20161126_125449.jpg
    20161126_125449.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 20161126_154257.jpg
    20161126_154257.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 20161126_163529.jpg
    20161126_163529.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 20161126_163625_001.jpg
    20161126_163625_001.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 20161126_163511.jpg
    20161126_163511.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 108

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Another vote for rear spring upgrade. I have Deaver +3's and difference is substantial.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
your good way to have a link

washed mine I still need to start over starting to get build up.

ih6aYEkeJUm5TnvkaVkXRn3Iuy25E4xkjOlVB8sS6KfsLlXksM1lPdpVUCQyRZrPfOds2q6jyt69zzRwBZWQsvPbbqKFT1Ix-okUiiZVr_ZeeREqsj0gb4YcEix59JrnqdD8n2TsFDeQ88unse95iX6MrvxdgiebZD3k0sO-OiC_PRCDSrL-_owNJmf7DIFrQp3QW9wvUMsC_s-VVoZHr0FwJoWSJYSiJ-q2CzLUyI-cimVS1LJ4RzqR_5-mm5mBCFRVZP9uQX_qGLq-cG6uJ0yUYmmWvBnBK0oyou0ZmRp55fGmkg_cSyxyQsbmPuPmlW2aCz4BS8_waKqrWClM_WbTYWqiHA4QqKXF_11SnfiFv7MBuq-uduIiOo_YxGJYEPZ2T9H2eip8Os0G6xT91c6CfPoxejkPJ6_jRciIjlP11PcrKAZMrS_NtrnkbPLf_SxcIcTXDn-yJKcLzRCf4WjPIF54a2IvxNTR9eK7-NLl1iA5YPrjxD7iMrTjuTKztlLEi-wDqyq9vEe7_s8Ri5dfBTNSHI6hcQS9mK3-3roViiGXDwQll_q9MzjsSzjHIrIiI6fti6NVZp-IBvS1SL6tt8CRg6uuKVtdiOIhaCFz3Lr36g=w1024-h576-no