What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a new set of Vortex Mud Flaps.

On the original ones, the screws were rusty, which left rust streaks, and I hate rust.

This new set had been on the bench awhile, which was lucky since I broke a flap at the dunes two weeks ago.

For the new ones, I set them a little more outboard, using the old one as a drilling guide to use the same holes in the truck.

View attachment 73928

View attachment 73929

Also used stainless screws and black screw caps. The screws were a size larger than comes with the flaps, so they would be secure in the old holes.

View attachment 73930

I trimmed two rows off the bottom of mine to keep from tearing them up offroad. They still seem to catch most of the stuff the tires kick up.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get it. There's a few reasons but mainly I don't want to continually chase issues because of one adjustment. I've dealt with many a lifted truck, and once Lifted I usually had to chase issues that were related to the lift/level. I'd like to stay stock, and also not catch any shit from the dealer for warranty work if I go to mid perch

I understand your concern. What I have trouble is that you want to stay stock yet you are going to cut fender liners and trim after market mud flaps. That is not reversible without replacing the whole liner. Ford originally designed the Raptor to use mid perch it was only the D. O. T. that objected. Ford ran these trucks with mid perch in the Baja 1000, no problems. They also had highly modified Raptors in the race. This mod is not the same as a lifted truck and does not have the same idiosyncrasies. In the end it's your choice. Enjoy your ride...

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand your concern. What I have trouble is that you want to stay stock yet you are going to cut fender liners and trim after market mud flaps. That is not reversible without replacing the whole liner. Ford originally designed the Raptor to use mid perch it was only the D. O. T. that objected. Ford ran these trucks with mid perch in the Baja 1000, no problems. They also had highly modified Raptors in the race. This mod is not the same as a lifted truck and does not have the same idiosyncrasies. In the end it's your choice. Enjoy your ride...

The fender liners are about $130 each and the flaps are $50 a pair. To replace both would be about $310, cheaper than dealing with other shit for me. I realize it's different than a leveling kit on a different truck, and maybe I will do the mid perch eventually...but not yet. I'll probably trim the flaps and just continue to keep my eye out for a set of SE beadlocks. Love the method stance tho....**** my life.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The fender liners are about $130 each and the flaps are $50 a pair. To replace both would be about $310, cheaper than dealing with other shit for me. I realize it's different than a leveling kit on a different truck, and maybe I will do the mid perch eventually...but not yet. I'll probably trim the flaps and just continue to keep my eye out for a set of SE beadlocks. Love the method stance tho....**** my life.

Just FWIW - I had 35" KO2's on mine at mid perch and rubbed all the time with them. Just depends on where you go and what you do with the truck. I don't think the rubbing you will encounter will do any permanent damage and the trimming that will help will be minimal. Have you considered hammering the pinch welds? It's not a bad job and will give you even more room to tuck those inner liners up more.

Good luck!!!

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FWIW - I had 35" KO2's on mine at mid perch and rubbed all the time with them. Just depends on where you go and what you do with the truck. I don't think the rubbing you will encounter will do any permanent damage and the trimming that will help will be minimal. Have you considered hammering the pinch welds? It's not a bad job and will give you even more room to tuck those inner liners up more.

Good luck!!!

Maybe I will give it a whirl. Mid perch won't help it sounds like. I have 35x12.5 KO2s.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Nick at apollo optics was kind enough to buy console from me so I returned the favor and picked up a set of KC Cyclones from him. I made my own wiring harness and temporarily mounted a rocker switch until I can find some type of switch that will allow the lights to come in any time I open the hood. I used 1/8" split wiring conduit to make sure everything looked nice and clean.

44db90b6e70b0bb7c32075f80af4f059.jpg

9651ddddeaa0c95620e2b610b7a11b58.jpg

a2edb8d8f09e5667d5cceaab3046a2fe.jpg

730e9d511108587201faefda31a72bb9.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 12951

Threw on some Anzo Ubar headlights and some wheel spacers. Not too bad those Anzo lights. Does anyone have any experience with pulling these apart? Looking into doing some LED accents and changing the LED bars.

How big of wheel spacers did you go with?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick at apollo optics was kind enough to buy console from me so I returned the favor and picked up a set of KC Cyclones from him. I made my own wiring harness and temporarily mounted a rocker switch until I can find some type of switch that will allow the lights to come in any time I open the hood. I used 1/8" split wiring conduit to make sure everything looked nice and clean.

44db90b6e70b0bb7c32075f80af4f059.jpg

9651ddddeaa0c95620e2b610b7a11b58.jpg

a2edb8d8f09e5667d5cceaab3046a2fe.jpg

730e9d511108587201faefda31a72bb9.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Looks great, Calder! Glad we could get you set up!

Threw on some Anzo Ubar headlights and some wheel spacers. Not too bad those Anzo lights. Does anyone have any experience with pulling these apart? Looking into doing some LED accents and changing the LED bars.

Check out this thread here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/raptor-embroiderys-anzo-headlight-build-45338/

@Raptor Embroidery is currently working on his.