Weight loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What non-necessary things can we take off our trucks to shave some weight? :shrug:
Cuz we all know lighter=faster+better economy! :worthy:
All I can think of so far that ive done is the spare, the jack, and the back seats... :mad3:
Im gunna do stronger light-weight forged wheels and lighter bfg baja t/a's to get the weight savings ball rollin :waytogo:
Any other ideas fellas? :ehcapt:

Last edited:

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
What non-necessary things can we take off our trucks to shave some weight? :shrug:
Cuz we all know lighter=faster+better economy! :worthy:
All I can think of so far that ive done is the spare, the jack, and the back seats... :mad3:
Im gunna do stronger light-weight forged wheels and lighter bfg baja t/a's to get the weight savings ball rollin :waytogo:
Any other ideas fellas? :ehcapt:

You're on the right track with lighter forged wheels but Baja T/A's will be a bit heavier than the good ol' stock All-Terrain's. Still come out a bit better than the stock rim/tire combo though........un-sprung weight is a biggie. A new exhaust will help shave some weight as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
408RCLB

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're on the right track with lighter forged wheels but Baja T/A's will be a bit heavier than the good ol' stock All-Terrain's. Still come out a bit better than the stock rim/tire combo though........un-sprung weight is a biggie. A new exhaust will help shave some weight as well.

The baja's are listed as a few pounds lighter tho? :suicide:
The seats and glass are a little much for now, later on when I get crazy with it...
For now im savin my pesos for a twin-screw kit, lighter+boost=WINNING!!! :waytogo:

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
The baja's are listed as a few pounds lighter tho? :suicide:
The seats and glass are a little much for now, later on when I get crazy with it...
For now im savin my pesos for a twin-screw kit, lighter+boost=WINNING!!! :waytogo:

Hmmm, just looked at BFG's site and they are infact listed as almost 1lb lighter....not much but considering. According to most off-road forums, they are a bit heavier. They are on par with General Grabber's which I know are heavier, both having a more sturdy construction and more heavy duty sidewall. But hey, if the Baja T/A's are indeed lighter, bonus! I've always liked that tire and would prefer them to Grabbers's but DAMN they're expensive.

OP
OP
408RCLB

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, just looked at BFG's site and they are infact listed as almost 1lb lighter....not much but considering. According to most off-road forums, they are a bit heavier. They are on par with General Grabber's which I know are heavier, both having a more sturdy construction and more heavy duty sidewall. But hey, if the Baja T/A's are indeed lighter, bonus! I've always liked that tire and would prefer them to Grabbers's but DAMN they're expensive.

Yeah they are super expensive, but they're supposed to be the best and I always buy the best so might as well! And they look badass so its a win on all fronts in my opinion :waytogo: