Waze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LazloDavis in northern CA

FYI: awhile back some terrorists/anarchists used Waze to track down the locations of officers in the field to ambush and murder them.

Last edited:

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh how creative I am....

6gun

Love Waze and use it all the time for peaceful purposes. Frequent the Bloomfield Hills, MI area and SE Missouri when I can.

Last edited:

chartquist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Tommysyko I've read a bunch of urban legends about that sort of thing with Waze. Not sure I believe it though and couldn't you just do the same thing but using a scanner or calling 911 and have them come to you? Granted, it's horrible no matter what when an officer gets hurt for any reason.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@chartquist it's true that you could do all the above. Calling them to you leaves a trail. Scanner apps have info but most of the time there's a delay so he calls and transmissions are not in real time.

Waze leaves a time stamp and let's other members confirm it to keep it updated. You can even go as far as taking a photo of the officer or road hazard for Waze members to see.

b9a5925cb91bbf4879c9b30a1c443da3.jpg

It's just another way that puts an officer on the radar. It's mostly bad for the guy writing reports in the field who might be doing double duty as high visibility. They may be not as high alert and actually looking for violations. The other side of the coin is when an officer is hidden in a secluded parking lot writing. People think they could be lazy and not doing anything. Mostly an FYI for the folks in blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had waze several years ago and deleted it as it was garbage. Just downloaded it again after seeing this thread and they have cleaned it up a lot and seems a hell of a lot better.
I travel mostly in and around Central New York and upstate NY. Frequent PA often too and look forward to using this on road trips.

For SnoBall I will be leaving CNY late Thursday after work to spend the night in Ohio and make link up with the Ohio crew Friday morning. I believe we are going to make link up with the Mid-Atlantic crew and maybe one other as we get further north. Would make it cool to see where everyone is in relation to each other and easier when planning the rendezvous. PM me for BookFace info and or phone number if so inclined.

D

Deleted member 12951

I just installed it and looks like a kids apps. Not sure if it will stay on the phone...

And it keeps telling me that it has no gps signal even though I am outside and other apps are working.

Last edited by a moderator: