Waze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is: MADMAX-USA

Travels include: Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida (and passing thru Alabama or Georgia).

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

It's nice to spot the cops before the radar detector goes off.

The police activity notifications saved us at least twice on our way back from ARDD.

I even help my fellow Wazers by posting where I'm running radar. :biggrin:

ffa8f239-cf06-4f31-9b49-572ce629e565_zps61458450.png

1174560_4851140090791_527298908_n_zps0a9694b1.jpg

Last edited:

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The police activity notifications saved us at least twice on our way back from ARDD.

Mine is: MADMAX-USA
I even help my fellow Wazers by posting where I'm running radar. :biggrin:

1174560_4851140090791_527298908_n_zps0a9694b1.jpg

What I meant to say was that I'm sure the police activity notifications are a useful for those that like to drive above the posted speed limits or those of us who like to be aware of our surroundings and plan in advance our lane changes to give law enforcement as much room as possible should they be on the shoulder or median. Yeah, yeah, that's it.

Seriously though, thank you for your service MADMAX-USA. You guys do not get enough credit and appreciation for the work you do and the risks you take daily.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVTJAY in Atlanta. I never knew about this until a couple of weeks ago. Great app.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I meant to say was that I'm sure the police activity notifications are a useful for those that like to drive above the posted speed limits or those of us who like to be aware of our surroundings and plan in advance our lane changes to give law enforcement as much room as possible should they be on the shoulder or median. Yeah, yeah, that's it.

Seriously though, thank you for your service MADMAX-USA. You guys do not get enough credit and appreciation for the work you do and the risks you take daily.

I appreciate the kind words. My goal, every time I put on that uniform, is to interact with the public in a positive way. Our department doesn't have "quotas", so I rarely ever write tickets. The only exceptions; school zone violators, passing stopped school buses, extreme speed/reckless (especially when children are in the vehicle), move over laws, and of course anyone impaired or blatantly distracted.

I know a lot of officers write tickets, but I have a hard time justifying a ticket if someone is doing 80mph in a 70 zone, and I find myself doing 90+mph to catch them. Just doesn't seem right in my eyes. As long as everything else checks out ok, it's just going to be a verbal stop and a smile. And hopefully, that person has a better outlook on law enforcement afterwards.

I try to Waze every time I'm on the roadway. Especially when I'm working an accident, where there's construction with lane blockage, or just general traffic control.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You know the difference between a kiss ass and a brown nosed?.....

Depth perception. you might want to get your eyes checked. LOL

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded to my iPhone and created a username "TaxmanRaptor". Not sure how to add "friends". It seems to only allow adding from my contact list or Facebook. I can't just enter a username and have Waze find them.

Anyone know how to do this? I searched, but the Waze website keeps telling me I can add users directly from my User Control Panel. I can't find my User Control Panel. What is that? I'm too old for this tech crap. Can't we just share telephone numbers and call each other?

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
themacf - big surprise. I'll be frequenting the Phoenix metropolis this winter.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Can't add anyone by username. Only connects through Facebook.