A way to disable the Raptor (and story)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So... I felt pretty gay a few months ago and just remembered that I never posted this on here.

Alright; I usually lock my truck. I usually leave my key in the center console because I hate shit being in my pockets. Yeah, don't jack my truck. Thanks.

Anyway -- when I was installing the LED lights on the front and I was deep inside the glovebox, I disconnected two connectors inside there. One green, one grey. I did all the wiring and then reassembled the glove box and closed it up and went on my merry way.

I few hours later, I go to start the truck and it tells me that it's stolen, basically. Flashing the PATS and beeping like a crazy vehicle and just completely NOT allowing me to start my shit.

I had a friend take me to my house to get the second key, because in the owners manual it says if the truck acts the way it was acting; get the second key.

Nope. Didn't work.

I actually had to leave the damn Raptor inside the shop overnight and come back the next day to get it towed to the dealer.

Then my Mom helped me solve the problem.

I was so pissed off; I called my Mom and Dad and was telling them what happened and they were all like, "well, that's what you get for doing wiring and shit on a brand new truck." That's mostly my Mom, but whatever. So, she is the saint of the family and was pretty easy-going and said, "ok, repeat to me step by step what you did and just see if you remember."

Conversation went like this:

"I started by getting into the glovebox and taking everything out. Then I went into the dashboard and underneath I unplugged...************! Sorry Mom. I just solved the problem.

I forgot to plug that shit back in. So I went back to the truck, plugged that shit in and it fired up like none other.

Now...

Whenever I go to someplace super shady -- not only do I NOT leave my key in there, but just incase; I unplug those two connectors.

Hey, it might not solve every problem in the book -- but it could be enough to prevent someone from taking it if they had the technology to do it.

I kinda want to unhook the connectors and take it to the dealer and see how long it takes them to figure it out. lol.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda an odd thread...

Anti thefts like kill switches or unplugged wires are a good way to go I think because its something different that make a thief think. ALL these after market alarm systems are all the same in terms of how they electrically hook up and disable a vehicle (I've removed and installed them by the 100's). Once you figure out one, the next is the exact same.

I don't know if purposely un-plugging them and towing it to the dealer would be a good idea unless you want to pay the tow bill and diag time. Its very unlikely two connectors are going to magically come loose on a vehicle that old. Specially if they look tampered with and/or other things have been moved/modified in the same general area by the customer.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if purposely un-plugging them and towing it to the dealer would be a good idea unless you want to pay the tow bill and diag time. Its very unlikely two connectors are going to magically come loose on a vehicle that old. Specially if they look tampered with and/or other things have been moved/modified in the same general area by the customer.
Well, that aspect of my post was more of a joke...but...
Dude, you're lucky your Mom didn't ground you!
I know, no shit!
Some good info to have...where exactly are those connectors?
Behind the glove box. Green and Grey.

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:emotions122:You said ************ in a conversation with your mother. You monster. I'd have grounded you for sure.

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a "secret" way to disable a vehicle if Swoop gives it up over a public internet forum lol

AZ SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best anti-theft system I ever saw was the on on my old '93 Lighting. It was an after market Jacobs ignition system that had a hidden reset switch. When activated, you started the truck and you had 30 seconds to hit the reset, other wise the truck would stall. You got one more chance to restart and 30 sec. to hit the switch. If you screwed it up again it would not start, no matter what, for 30 min!

So, if you tried to steal the truck, say, from the mall parking lot, chances you are now blocking traffic, pissing people off and attracting all kinds of attention!:flipthebird:

I wounder if there is anything like this available for the Raptor?