Water Under Driver Side Mat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So today I was washing my baby and when I pulled the driver's side floor mat to vacuum, I noticed the bottom side of the mat was wet. After thinking about it, I remembered that from time to time I would smell a mildew odor. Has anyone seen this before? If so, what the **** is going on?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Scozz

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had a similar situation on my old fx4. It was the Sirius antenna hockey puck on the roof. Needed a new seal. Fairly straightforward.

OP
OP
TScozz

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had a similar situation on my old fx4. It was the Sirius antenna hockey puck on the roof. Needed a new seal. Fairly straightforward.
I appreciate the reply! I will check that out....strange that a roof seal would cause a driver side floor leak, but I have seen weirder things. Thanks for the feedback! This is why I love this place. Happy 4th y'all!

indyraptor

Reaction score
I’ve been chasing a similar issue with my truck. People will commonly say to check the sunroof drain tubes, and if it is the passenger side, then check the A/C tube, etc. Still others will always say “it’s the 3rd brake light!” For me, it was the panel seam in the rear of the cab, on either side between the cab and the bed of the truck. It is leaking when it runs and runs down into the wiring channel in the door sills. Once enough collects in there, it overflows out of the channel and up into the foot wells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as indy has already said, sunroof drain tubes and A/C drain are the most common culprits... though there are plenty of other spots, including the door drain holes and front cowl drains (behind the SVT grilles ) on the front fenders

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So today I was washing my baby and when I pulled the driver's side floor mat to vacuum, I noticed the bottom side of the mat was wet. After thinking about it, I remembered that from time to time I would smell a mildew odor. Has anyone seen this before? If so, what the **** is going on?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Scozz

same issues. leak somewhere and lot of rain bottom door jam wiring area gets water and nowhere to go. when you drive it splashes up and out into the carpet area front and back. i drilled a small hole in front to make a drain hole. that worked. to hard to find where its coming from so drain hole is easiest.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^. thats way to hard :) i rather drink beer and liquor and drill holes in things :)