Warranty Law suits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnniewalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any class action law suits around about ford not honoring the extra warranty? They said they would cover more on the truck than they actually will and now they aren't honoring it on my truck.

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are not honoring any suspension warranty issues on my truck due to my truck being on mid perch. Front shocks and cv boot both should have been done under warranty.

But to answer your question I'm not sure about a law suit

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd need a pretty good lawyer. And lots o money. In the end, their in house legal will win the day. Even if they lose the case. I'd speculate the best you could best is to have the mix you truck. But you would spend enough to buy several new trucks in the process.
It stinks. But they get away with because enough of us think, even with this, they have the best product overall. And as far as the Raptor goes, no one else comes close. So we "pay to play".

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are there any class action law suits around about ford not honoring the extra warranty? They said they would cover more on the truck than they actually will and now they aren't honoring it on my truck.
X2 on what problems you having. This forum can be very helpful.

Where at in San Clemente do you live? I lived out at the end of Pico for almost two years. Happa J's still around. Miss those nachos! Lol....

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=868026

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only thing that Ford has denied under warranty, for me, would be the front shocks/mcpheson struts. They've replaced UCA's, tie rods, and a rear window. My service writer told me the shocks list for $1850. Although, I have heard of people getting them replaced a few years ago. I was thinking about running it by Cyrstal?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...I was thinking about running it by Cyrstal?

Feel free to shoot a PM my way, TheJoker; that's what I'm here for. :)

Modifying your truck or installing an aftermarket part won't necessarily void your warranty, but if it causes a Ford part to fail, you'd be responsible for the repair. If you're concerned about how a certain mod might impact your truck, you can always have a chat with the service manager at your dealership. If any of you are running into an issue where you feel a certain repair should be covered under your warranty, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do to help out.

Crystal

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had a dealer deny warranty coverage on my starter, which didn't end up being the problem anyway. Regional customer service manager called me and she had no idea what I was trying to explain to her. Even if it had been the starter, was I really gonna seek legal action for a $170 part? Unlikely. Lol

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg