Wanted to share my ****** day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've went back and forth a few times on whether to post this or not but I figured I would just take my ribbing from you guys like a man. So I was on my way to work this morning on 422 (which is a highway for those of you not familiar) and as I was driving I heard this weird noise and felt a grinding from under my truck. Then all of a sudden it felt like I ran something over and as I look back in my mirror I see my awesome and loved Stainless Works exhaust (that I just installed about a month ago) flipping around on the side of the road. Of course it would be my luck that it happened as I was going through a construction site so there was no shoulder to pull over and retrieve it. So I get to my office and call the police and explained what happened To see if they could go and help me safely get it and they said they would see what they could do and call me back. After a few hours I decided to call them to see what happened and an officer gets on the phone and tells me that he went and saw it on the left shoulder but instead of getting it for me he decided to throw it in the middle between the 2 concrete dividers. Then he tells me he should give me a citation for having an unsafe vehicle and that if he sees me there trying to get it myself he's going to tow my truck and arrest me. Then he tells me to call the road construction company and see if they want to get it and give it to me. Like I wasn't having a bad enough day I had to deal with this ****. Funny thing is he doesn't know I donated and installed a granite top in his station in the weapons room and I know his cheif which I will be calling in the morning. So now now I have to order a new exhaust and then pay somebody to install it this time. So that's my story so go ahead guys and let the Fun begin. I would do the same thing if it happened to someone else. :3681700201_eef6d1e2

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Yikes that really blows. Try calling Stainelss Works too. I guess I'm going to have to check mine out and maybe add a hanger or two before TRR!

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've went back and forth a few times on whether to post this or not but I figured I would just take my ribbing from you guys like a man. So I was on my way to work this morning on 422 (which is a highway for those of you not familiar) and as I was driving I heard this weird noise and felt a grinding from under my truck. Then all of a sudden it felt like I ran something over and as I look back in my mirror I see my awesome and loved Stainless Works exhaust (that I just installed about a month ago) flipping around on the side of the road. Of course it would be my luck that it happened as I was going through a construction site so there was no shoulder to pull over and retrieve it. So I get to my office and call the police and explained what happened To see if they could go and help me safely get it and they said they would see what they could do and call me back. After a few hours I decided to call them to see what happened and an officer gets on the phone and tells me that he went and saw it on the left shoulder but instead of getting it for me he decided to throw it in the middle between the 2 concrete dividers. Then he tells me he should give me a citation for having an unsafe vehicle and that if he sees me there trying to get it myself he's going to tow my truck and arrest me. Then he tells me to call the road construction company and see if they want to get it and give it to me. Like I wasn't having a bad enough day I had to deal with this ****. Funny thing is he doesn't know I donated and installed a granite top in his station in the weapons room and I know his cheif which I will be calling in the morning. So now now I have to order a new exhaust and then pay somebody to install it this time. So that's my story so go ahead guys and let the Fun begin. I would do the same thing if it happened to someone else. :3681700201_eef6d1e2

Call the cheif first, go and see what you can save before ordering all new, and get the officer into some shit for being a ****, when you tried to do the right thing.

OP
OP
cbcgeneral

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya it was the lightning style and it did seem like it needed another hanger. I was going to add one once it got warmer since its been cold as shit here but I don't have to worry about that now.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Call the cheif first, go and see what you can save before ordering all new, and get the officer into some shit for being a ****, when you tried to do the right thing.

Ya that's what i was thinking. If the muffler is still good I can get someone to just fab some pipe for it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the "****" was having a worse day than you! Don't forget these guys put up with a lot more shit and abuse than you and I do on a regular basis. Not defending him/her, just saying......

Now onto your exhaust, I've had to tighten that stupid clamp at the mid section twice now on mine and you are not the first to lose your exhaust from that point back!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, that sucks. I would try to retrieve that exhaust and see what kind of condition its in before just forgetting about it.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the "****" was having a worse day than you! Don't forget these guys put up with a lot more shit and abuse than you and I do on a regular basis. Not defending him/her, just saying......

Now onto your exhaust, I've had to tighten that stupid clamp at the mid section twice now on mine and you are not the first to lose your exhaust from that point back!

I can understand your point, but I think His bad day, was having to go freeze his ass off because someone called in, and he had to follow up,

OP
OP
cbcgeneral

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I would usually agree with that except when I was talking to the Sgt. which happens to be a friend of mine he's the one who told me to say something. Apparently he have quite a few complaints about him and he treats everyone like shit. And I'm not usually one to complain about law enforcement as I used to be in the field myself but there is a certain way you treat people that can be stearn and respectful at the same time. But since he spoke to me like I was a piece of dog shit that he stepped in I'm not going to accept that.

Last edited: