Waiting on Gen 2 selling Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tretopflir

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've got a 14 RR se. With only 12k miles. Mostly street queen. It's perfect. When I take it to the dealer for service the techs always come out to ask how I keep it so perfect. Loaded with out sunroof. Weather tech liners, bed carpet, bacflip G1, k n N intake, the tune, magnaflow ss cutback. When should I sell to max return? I want to wait for an 18. Maybe v8. Second yr bugs will be worked out..less bs from dealers. My brother is a service director for 7 dealerships and managers won't budge on makeup. It's a second vehicle and I don't use it much. Mama is getting a kitchen then I will get a new gen 2. Just starting to think about this and I think it's a hot time now. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Planning on selling my RR '14 SE Roush early this coming year. Subscribed to see others thoughts on timing of market.

Might be crazy talk (especially here on FRF) but I'm going to replace mine with a new King Ranch Super Duty.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
The sooner you sell the more you'll get

I would disagree with this. In October, I was checking the value of my truck and saw it had taken a $7k hit in value. I checked today and it is actually back on the rise. If I were you, I would WAIT. Max value will be had one year from now. Also, be aware a v8 is in the works, so if that is what makes you buy, hold out.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptors will depreciate slowly but just like Wranglers they will hold their value really well. Jeep sells about 175k JK/JKUs a year. A lot more of them on the road then Raptors and their value, especially on Rubicons are great.

I buy TJs on the side with frame damage and resell them for about $6-$7k with plenty of miles on them. Low miles TJs will go for mid $7-$8s depending on overall condition and hardtops. Rubicons in good condition will go for low teens. Last year I bought a 2000 Sahara with 200k and it sold it for $5800.

I see the Raptor holding steady right now then when Gen2 cools off they will slowly start a decline but again nothing alarming where you will quickly have no value in your truck.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No one wants a raptor exspesaly one of the first you can't get anymore. I can't wait until they are under 20k