VMP Roush SC kit vs JDM Roush SC kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be happy with the kit. I went down the same path but VMP and Justin had done my Shelby KR and Boss 302LS and both made 720whp and 730whp on 91 pump gas with the TVS.

So in the end I am very happy with my raptor build. I wish I had more power but who doesnt right. We actually tested my truck about an hour ago and was able to do 0-60 in 6.1 seconds with two of us in the truck, snug top shell, bed full of tools, hi lift etc, warn 9.5xp in the front bumper and a set of general 35x12.5 X3's so I cant complain. Not to mention im at 5500ft with a DA in the 6500 range.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10% OD lower

Working now to add the 10% OD lower to see if we can spin this TVS a bit faster to help make up some boost lost here at elevation. Will take about 10 weeks before I have the 10% lower but once I do and have it installed will post pre and post install dynos with only change being done is the lower.

OP
OP
LastLight

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a couple days to drive with this Roush/VMP SC on now and I do say this is how the truck should have come off the lot. The 6.2 comes alive with a little boost.

I didn't want to break anything so i stayed at a moderate 9lbs of boost and let the numbers fall where they should be.

I passed on upgrading the throttle body at this time based upon Justins (VMP) recommendation. the truck was dyno tuned and it is now pulling 481 hp to the rear wheels. More than some , less than others, but perfect for my application. It is so much more fun to drive now and it will snap you back in the seat when you throttle down.

I had to pass a guy pulling a trailer and when I pulled out at 55mph and hammered it down I freaked out that it broke the tires loose and spun. Torque a plenty.

VMP did a great job on the install and the tuning. I am happy on all accounts. VMP was in the process of moving into a larger facility and had lots of things going on but they made the install happen and did it right.

Gas mpg's did not even change from the 6 hour drive down to the 6 hour drive back. It stayed right at 13.5 mpg running 80mph most of the way.

The dual fan triple pass heat exchanger is a bit loud as the fans run constantly. But I should never have to worry about overheating it, You still get that SC whine though over the fans.
Thinking about painting it black so that it doesnt stand out so much thorugh the grill.

I highly recommend VMP performance and the way they are meticulous in getting things done right from the install to the Dyno calibration.

Last edited:

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. If I ever decide to supercharge mine, I'm gonna go with VMP.

Maybe i can get a discount and get one for my 03 cobra too.:hmmm2:

tahitiansoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a couple days to drive with this Roush/VMP SC on now and I do say this is how the truck should have come off the lot. The 6.2 comes alive with a little boost.

I didn't want to break anything so i stayed at a moderate 9lbs of boost and let the numbers fall where they should be.

I passed on upgrading the throttle body at this time based upon Justins (VMP) recommendation. the truck was dyno tuned and it is now pulling 481 hp to the rear wheels. More than some , less than others, but perfect for my application. It is so much more fun to drive now and it will snap you back in the seat when you throttle down.

I had to pass a guy pulling a trailer and when I pulled out at 55mph and hammered it down I freaked out that it broke the tires loose and spun. Torque a plenty.

VMP did a great job on the install and the tuning. I am happy on all accounts. VMP was in the process of moving into a larger facility and had lots of things going on but they made the install happen and did it right.

Gas mpg's did not even change from the 6 hour drive down to the 6 hour drive back. It stayed right at 13.5 mpg running 80mph most of the way.

The dual fan triple pass heat exchanger is a bit loud as the fans run constantly. But I should never have to worry about overheating it, You still get that SC whine though over the fans.
Thinking about painting it black so that it doesnt stand out so much thorugh the grill.

I highly recommend VMP performance and the way they are meticulous in getting things done right from the install to the Dyno calibration.

Excellent, any pics of the system and dual fan cooler?

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will post my VMP numbers on 91 gas and his 69mm pulley for a mile high. At 8#'s truck made 449whp and 502wtq. That's turning big heavy general MTR's
Have a new dyno with an extra 2# added and made 478whp and 536wtq on same dyno, 91 gas and about 5 days apart.

Sent info to Justin and trying to see what we have in the tune etc to try and hit that 500whp and 550wtq mark I want.

Headers is my last option. Had catless SW on last raptor and the sound, ping where the cats went drove me nuts.

Last edited:

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dynos

Dynos

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg