Vector Mudflaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Living in the land of the highways covered in rocks (Alaska), I decided to get a set of mudflaps on my truck quickly - already touched up about 10 chips up the sides and replaced the front windshield due to oncoming traffic throwing rocks - and this is all on paved roads!!:sad72:

I settled on the Vectors since the design flows pretty well with the Raptor's vented stylling. I was pretty leery of just drilling into the fender flares and hoping for the best, but at some point you just gotta get started!

I went with the largest size for the front and the rear. I wanted the width to cover most of the tread width of all 4 tires, since most of the damage so far has come from the fronts - but I've also had a couple of rocks find their way inside the rear fenders and ding the fenders from inside, near the rear tail lights. I thought about cutting the fronts down by 1 vent to shorten them a bit, but I'm going to run them a while first to see how they perform and look.

I'm really happy with the looks, since they blend in well to the truck's look and really don't stand out much - like most of you, I'm not crazy about mudflaps, but they do serve a good purpose up here...and these look like they could have come on the truck.

The weather's crap right now, so here's a quick photo of the flaps on the truck.

null_zps03702650.jpg

I'm still amazed how many comments I get when driving this truck!! Definitely a keeper!

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably one of the cheapest mods we'll be doing to our trucks too!! Autobarn has a good price on them right now.

Scott13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from Pepboys cheap.. plus no shipping... I like them.. def don't hear as many rock strikes on the fenders anymore.

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed two pair of these. They really help keep mud and road debris from your fenders and doors. I especially wanted it for the winter to keep the ice and salt from the road off the truck.

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's good to hear they're keeping the rocks and crud off the side of the trucks!! I hate hearing that sound of the rocks coming through/around the running boards and banging the sides!! :Grenade: