Using all of the travel and clearance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I jumped my Raptor four times on the road this week.
4777e0b6-c7f5-6c9b.jpg
4777e0b6-c806-654b.jpg

After inspecting the truck, I found that the front tires had contacted the inner fender liner on two places on each side, and pushed on them hard enough to pull out the plastic push pins located at the front lower edge of each liner.
I'm running stock wheels/tires, and my tires are at 50% tread. The truck is also on the stock (lower) perch setting. I had thought there was plenty of Clearance in the wheel well for 37's, but now I'm not so sure.
I know if I ran the middle perch I'd have more preload, but ultimately if I hit something hard enough it's going to compress the suspension all the way.
The rear of the truck had plenty of clearance, and watching videos of the jumps in slow motion, it's clear that the rear of the truck never bottomed out unlike the front.
So who here is running 37's and jumping? How is the tire clearance on your trucks at full compression?
What mods have you made so the 37's fit when stuffed?
Thanks

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I jump dirt how's it work on pavement. seems to me you have to be moving pretty fast to get air on pavement. the faster you go the more G's you create so not much of a fair test comparing dirt to pavement but I love the mid perch jumped both way's mid is way better.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I jump dirt how's it work on pavement. seems to me you have to be moving pretty fast to get air on pavement. the faster you go the more G's you create so not much of a fair test comparing dirt to pavement but I love the mid perch jumped both way's mid is way better.

The amount of force (really momentum and inertia) required to propel a vehicle airborne is the same on pavement or off. The difference would be that dirt could provide a softer landing, if it gives with the impact of the truck.

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just rip em out?

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2

Either you do it or the tires will along with your fenders unless you do some surgery or go with fiberglass. I've seen 35 Generals eat the inners as well.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was referring to dirt being more of a ramp higher and lower faster as you would not need the speed to jump the same height now dropping the truck from the same height would be the same impact but add speed in and it is different.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock BFGs on mid perch ripped out my liners and partially detached my flares, but I do have -6 offset wheels. My front is essentially zip tied together. Don't notice it unless you look up inside the well.