GEN 1 Used 2013 Raptor SCREW - Price opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ancientman

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask opinion if I can purchase used 2013 SCREW for $35000 / 87000 miles.

It has leather seats, sunroof, Seems like it has most add-on for Gen1. (Bead lock wheels, rear view cam, tailgate step, trailer control...etc)

Gen2 is not an option since I prefer not to have turbo and my wife loves gen1's stying.

I have checked its maintenence history and found the transmission has been replaced two times (around at 30000 / 60000).

I also test drove it on freeway and could not notice anything wrong.

Is Gen1's tranny that weak or any reason to replace two times?

Last edited:

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any way you can find out more info? Seems excessive/pretty damn early to replace it the first time, let alone 2 times.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yea it sounds crazy to have it replaced twice. 35k i think is a good price for the miles and if its fully loaded.

front camera, front torrsion diff?

Raphterman

Reaction score
Hate to cut in but I am in a similar situation. 78K miles on a fully loaded 2012 super crew raptor, only been with one owner and is asking for 30K. Good deal?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hate to cut in but I am in a similar situation. 78K miles on a fully loaded 2012 super crew raptor, only been with one owner and is asking for 30K. Good deal?

30k is what i paid for my 2013 with 119k on it. keep in mind, since i did a 2013 i got updated rear frame, front diff, headlights, interior console and sync system.

but for 78k it sounds like a good deal. do you have two blown trans too?

Raphterman

Reaction score
Nope, tranny is still running solid for now! Ill be looking at doing some suspension work soon and maybe a cold air intake or exhaust.

If you have any suggestions for mods let me know, I'm new to the forum and Raptor World!

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, tranny is still running solid for now! Ill be looking at doing some suspension work soon and maybe a cold air intake or exhaust.

If you have any suggestions for mods let me know, I'm new to the forum and Raptor World!

im not the king of mods, if you are on 78k with stock shocks/springs a rebuild would help transform it back to former glories.

i just removed my hot air intake i have it for sale here if you want it lol.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f29/airaid-intake-6-2-a-57682/

as far as exhaust i cut it at the axle back and did turndowns.

i just like going offroad and fixing the stuff that breaks. goodluck and hope you like your truck!

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If in good condition, yea.

My old 12 screw with 72k miles sold for 39k back in March, so I would think 30k is a good deal as long as it isn't beat on bad.

Raphterman

Reaction score
If in good condition, yea.

My old 12 screw with 72k miles sold for 39k back in March, so I would think 30k is a good deal as long as it isn't beat on bad.

Did you sell it or was that trade in?

No its actually in very good condition. The owner, my manager, just serviced with new brakes, hoses and any other things the dealership could find wrong $1000. He is the only owner and from what I can see took great care of the truck. I've never owned a truck this large before so it will be something new that I am looking forward too.

Ill post pics when I have the title in hand! Thanks for the response.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you sell it or was that trade in?

No its actually in very good condition. The owner, my manager, just serviced with new brakes, hoses and any other things the dealership could find wrong $1000. He is the only owner and from what I can see took great care of the truck. I've never owned a truck this large before so it will be something new that I am looking forward too.

Ill post pics when I have the title in hand! Thanks for the response.

Trade in numbers were in the mid 30s, so I just sold it private since I wasn't for sure what I was going to get next. Was still 50/50 on Gen 1/Gen2 SCAB or getting a fast 4 door car. I have ADD lol.

I say that's a very good deal for a 12. I had one minor issue with my older Raptor, which I think was due to the first owner mess up. Other than that, it was flawless up to when I sold it and I have no doubt it would of been care free for a while.
Especially since you know the owner/how he treated it.