URP Oil Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtunender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPR Oil Catch Can

Sorry... I need to vent!

So i ordered the UPR catch can on eBay and it is advertised as "True Plug and Play Kit with OEM connectors and bracket"

The ends were not OEM and the hoses were too short. (I was told the are ends made for them that are equal to OEM. I my opinion they are made in China Junk)

I spoke to someone at UPR and they were kind of rude and asked for pics emailed to them, so I did.

They are not taking care of the and it has really left me with a bad taste in my mouth!

UGH!

Last edited:

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just open a case against them for 'item not as described'. That'll get them to listen very quick.

Then buy a JLT catch can.

OP
OP
mtunender

mtunender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things.

One is its going to be difficult to return as i painted it black already.

Two is I like the de-fuser option better on the URP.

Hopefully i can make sure someone else dosent make the same mistake!

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Just open a case against them for 'item not as described'. That'll get them to listen very quick.

Then buy a JLT catch can.

Just did that too.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things.

One is its going to be difficult to return as i painted it black already.

Two is I like the de-fuser option better on the URP.

Hopefully i can make sure someone else dosent make the same mistake!

Trust me. It doesn't matter what you've done, eBay will side with you and the seller will try to get the case closed asap. eBay has made it where cases KILL sellers ratings so they'll do whatever it takes to make you happy.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do as everybody has said , then let me know when you are ready and we can get you a black JLT one ordered and shipped out . The JLT is a TRUE PLUG AND PLAY . It will take you less then 1 min to install it

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in for beating the dead horse; shoulda went with JLT. :)

I suppose it wouldn't surprise me at all if the UPR piece was the correct part number for the Raptor but still had poor fitment. Or maybe the 3rd party vendor was to blame (?).

In any event, UPR has been known to (allegedly) copy/ripoff other companies designs' with poor quality/fitment issues and pass these parts off as "their own design" (it's been a common theme on several mustang message board in the past; a little digging on the 'net will reveal that fact).

Caveat emptor...