Upfitter #3 & #4 not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would throw this out there for the heck of it... Anybody have problems with any of there upfitter switches not working? I have checked and double checked everything. Fuses, relays, everything. 1 & 2 work fine. Now Im looking to add more lights I need to get this fixed. What would cause the wires behind the glove box to not be hot when the switch it flipped? Im not getting any power to the wires behind the glove box.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Its been like this since the day I originally made the connections behind the glove box. I went ahead and made all the connections at once. I didn't really follow up with it because I only needed 2 switches at the time.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not to insult your intelligence but are you metering the right wires? Try metering some of the other wires with them on. I have heard of one person having an issue with the color of the wire not being what it was supposed to be. It was a pass thru wire I believe but it's worth double checking.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i had a buddy with the same problem after a lot of hair pulling he found out he hooked up the 2 switches together and not to the pass trough wires. :snoopfacepalm:

OP
OP
Goofball

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to insult your intelligence but are you metering the right wires? Try metering some of the other wires with them on. I have heard of one person having an issue with the color of the wire not being what it was supposed to be. It was a pass thru wire I believe but it's worth double checking.

MB - I wouldn't put it past myself. I mean I get going so fast that I probably do have the wrong wires. But I specifically remember trying not to screw that part up.. Oh well Im gonna tear my dash apart so I can get those wires out CLEARLY so I can see WTF im doing and then solder everything real nice.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It happens. I accidentally reversed my positive and negative on an amp once. Expensive mistake and not something people would expect me to do. Lol. It's worth double checking.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What MB said, I hooked all of mine up at the same time, then checked them one by one as they were soldered together.