Unhappy with Ford Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roasted7

Reaction score
I had my front shocks replaced with some newly rebuilt ones by my local Ford dealer. Not real happy with their work. Looks like they pinched a vacuum line under the top of the driver side shock. Every single clip to hold the vac lines in place was broken off and replace with cheesy zip strips and the PVC line was left disconnected from my intake.

Pinched Vac line:
IMG_1167.jpg

Cheesy zip ties:
IMG_1171.jpg

Not sure if this should be open like this?:
IMG_1168.jpg

More cheesy zip ties:
IMG_1173.jpg

They could have at least used black zip ties:
IMG_1172.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Vacuum line needs to be replaced. Have them do that and replace all the broken clips. Did they do this under warranty?

Curious if your 4x4 works.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tech obviously screwed up, and out of sheer laziness thought no one would notice.
At least Ford should stand behind their work and get you squared away.
Maybe request a different tech.

D

Deleted member 12951

To answer your question on the tubing that was open. Here is mine so, Yes.
I think its a relief tube

56f4d8a50436ca4b97788af2a4f6f341.jpg

OP
OP
roasted7

roasted7

Reaction score
Yes, I just figured out that its a relief tube for when you release the vacuum when switching to 4x4.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

That pinched line is cutting the vacuum to the passenger side hub so it trying to partially engage. Not good.