Undercoat frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't understand why people would do these mods.....

And I'm not saying NOT to do them. You have the right to mod your truck and spend your money as you wish. But this is the part of your truck that gets bear to shit off roading. Rocks. Bushes. Mud. Etc.

Last edited:

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guess It depends how far you want to take it. ultimately you would have a hard time getting all the nooks a crannies. Unless you were to disassemble the truck. I chose the mphd metal protector route. Spray can. Goes on thin then thickens like wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DERaptor

Reaction score
1 quart of POR15 was $42.20 and spray cans were $5 each at Home Depot. Was not hard. Took a wire brush got the heavy stuff off frame. POR15 is really good. Once and done. I really don't mind doing it. It was kinda fun.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1 quart of POR15 was $42.20 and spray cans were $5 each at Home Depot. Was not hard. Took a wire brush got the heavy stuff off frame. POR15 is really good. Once and done. I really don't mind doing it. It was kinda fun.

I guess living in LA we don't get much water or rust. Or salt on the roads. So I never bothered caring about these

slowest member of WCPR

kboss87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice. I live in the rust belt so we do everything we can to try to stop rust. I ordered a case of Amsoil HDMP for my truck before I even got it.