Unbelievably Frustrated with my Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I know this doesn't even compare to the @MobileBeats story, not even by a long shot, but something as simple as what I brought in gets royally screwed up somehow.

I dropped my truck off last Thursday in the evening to have it looked at for my rear sliding window not working as well as the rear passenger door lock intermittently not working and sticking locked. I was checked in just fine and my normal service advisor called me first thing in the morning to go over the work I was looking for. Around 2:30pm I receive a call from the advisor telling me they can't find anything wrong with the door and the rear window unit needs replacing. They don't have one in stock and need to order it and it will be in Monday or Tuesday.

To their credit, the door was working when I dropped it off, but I also specifically asked for the door to be taken apart and looked at to see if maybe the gears are just off ever so slightly and need to be adjusted. When I picked the truck up, there were no signs they even made an attempt to diagnose. Just locked and unlocked the truck and saw the lock actuate. Ignorant at best, most likely (and what I think ended up being the problem) lazy at worst.

I receive a call Tuesday evening the unit has arrived and to drop the truck off for work. Due to my work schedule, I can't make it in the mornings so I end up dropping the truck off Wednesday night (yesterday). No problem, they check me in and say they'll work on the window unit and look at the door again. Today, I don't receive a call and I call in to check on the progress. I'm told he started on it at 1:30pm (strikes me as odd since they had it overnight and could've started at 7am) and it will be ready for me to pick up at 5pm. Perfect.

My wife drops me off at 5:30pm due to traffic in Houston (it's horrendous...took 30 minutes to go 3 miles from my office to the dealer but that's another story) and as I walk up the service drive I see my truck and the driver's window is down and the truck is running. I peak into the truck and see the truck is at operating temp (Temp Gauge needle is in the middle) so I know it's been idling a while. I don't bring it up, but jump in the truck and see that the rear window is working. Walk inside, check out, jump in the truck and barely catch my advisor as I'm driving off. Everything looks great.

As I'm driving home, I notice the rear window was not changed out, it still has the my 3 stickers on it. Maybe I was wrong and they can just replace the motor? I don't know but that's not how I understood it. On top of that, the rear window has what looks to be an arm print on it and it wasn't cleaned. Doesn't bother me, but as I go to clean it with Windex, I go to flip down the rear headrest and the back of the seat folds down and the carpet on the rear wall is completely loose and not even put back into place. I half-ass put it back and latch the seat back thinking I'll deal with it after Raptoberfest.

Fast forward 2 hours and I'm coming home from the gym with the windows open and rear slider open. Pull into the driveway, roll up the windows, and go to close the rear slider and...nothing. I try pushing on the window as I somehow reach the switch in the front and it won't work. I can tell it's getting power because the dome lights dim when it's actuated. I look in the track and it has dirt and grime in it...obviously not replaced. :flipthebird:

It looks like I'll be making a trip back at 7am tomorrow morning to bring this issue up. Seems to me like they rushed the job and half-assed it. Chaps my ass and I hope it gets fixed. Sorry for the long winded post...just needed to vent.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It takes ten times more money and effort to gain a new customer than it does to keep an existing one....some people don't have a clue.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a drag, I had the same issue. The fix is a whole new rear window assembly. The motor on the new unit is in a slightly different location, I had to relocate the panel for my amps. Huge PITA.
What happened at your dealer is inexcusable and someone should be held accountable.

OP
OP
Jordan@Apollo-Optics

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What a drag, I had the same issue. The fix is a whole new rear window assembly. The motor on the new unit is in a slightly different location, I had to relocate the panel for my amps. Huge PITA.
What happened at your dealer is inexcusable and someone should be held accountable.

OK, that's what I thought. She explained it was an entire new unit/rear window but I obviously did not get that. The tech must of cleaned out the tracks and thought that would suffice. Then collected the billable hours for the warranty repair. Lazy and dishonest, if you ask me.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what happens there all too frequently. Less then motivated techs that think they know better than the work order. The kicker for you is that they had the unit right there.
I feel your pain, as the slider works fine "intermittently " so it's easy to misdiagnose.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would ask to talk to the service manager and explain the situation to him/her when you arrive or before you head down there. This is complete ********, damn, this kind of work ethic just ****** me off!!

D

Deleted member 12951

So has MobileBeats set the standard of the ultimate dealer crappy service that we all have to compare to now?

Scale of 1 to 10, 1 meaning MobileBeats story and 10 meaning perfect service going above and beyond.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So has MobileBeats set the standard of the ultimate dealer crappy service that we all have to compare to now?

Scale of 1 to 10, 1 meaning MobileBeats story and 10 meaning perfect service going above and beyond.

Lmao. I thought the same thing when I saw the post. You know it's bad when people are comparing their stories to yours.

OP
OP
Jordan@Apollo-Optics

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This morning I showed up and my advisor was surprised. Showed her the rear window not working and the rear door. I mentioned all the stuff about dirtiness and lazy workmanship and she said she would take care of it. She also comped me a rental car (sweet Kia Soul).

I received a call around 10am saying they were working on the rear window and they were fixing the door. They had diagnosed the problem to be something with the switch getting power back to the rear window. This doesn't make sense to me as I saw the lights dim when I hit the switch last night. But at the same time, the window started to intermittently work when I arrived at the dealer (go figure). They have replaced the switch and the entire wiring harness for the rear window. It also was explained that the rear window motor assembly was replaced and I was able to keep the rear glass.

She is also comping me a full interior detail. Not necessary but appreciated and we'll see how it turns out. She was embarrassed about the situation and promised it would be taken care of. I pick the truck up at 5pm today so we'll see how it looks and see if it can make it longer than 4 hours this time lol