The ultimate power steering set up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i personally believe the pulley on the pump just needs be larger.

that would clear up all issues except for the pump cracking maybe. well if less pressure and heat would help it not break ha.

D

Deleted member 12951

Not arguing, but what makes you think those 2 components cause issues? I can see the flow reducer being an issue, but why the factory cooler?

The stock PS cooler tubing runs through the same part of the radiator and because of that is not efficient on cooling the fluid, actually can create heat hence why he removed it completely and bypassed it as I understand it.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not arguing, but what makes you think those 2 components cause issues? I can see the flow reducer being an issue, but why the factory cooler?

Fixing my truck and numerous others that have had numerous failures back to back. I believe that the stock cooler holds lots of trash from blown pumps and also air that will not bleed and causes more failures with compounding issues until removed from the system.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock PS cooler tubing runs through the same part of the radiator and because of that is not efficient on cooling the fluid, actually can create heat hence why he removed it completely and bypassed it as I understand it.

Haven't took an in-depth look at the stock cooler. Just figured it was a heat exchanger and the fluid was piped through the top of the the radiator.

Raptor1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few months old thread but I like the ideas. I am going to tackle this next month. I have had 2 pumps go out on me in the course of 2 months and 3 offroading trips.

On my list will be an RPG PS resevoir
Derale cooler and 10 inch fan
Aluminum magnefine power steering filter

I will also be bypassing the condensor cooling for the ps.
@SZDZMTR hows your setup been holding up? Any offroad or dune action?

Last edited:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Few months old thread but I like the ideas. I am going to tackle this next month. I have had 2 pumps go out on me in the course of 2 months and 3 offroading trips.

On my list will be an RPG PS resevoir
Derale cooler and 10 inch fan
Aluminum magnefine power steering filter

I will also be bypassing the condensor cooling for the ps.
@SZDZMTR hows your setup been holding up? Any offroad or dune action?
No issues so far. I am in NJ so far just one trip to Wharton State park and just regular daily driving. About 15k miles since the install...I wish they had dunes here. lol And I don't frequent Starbucks either. Had to give it to Ford after changing the PS fluid locally still had air in the system and it was whining like pig until the mechanic at Ford got rid of all the air bubbles. Now nice and silent.

Last edited:

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know if the super duty pump, reservoir, etc. Are the same pieces, and if not, will they bolt on a Rappy? Was just wondering. I'd think the super duty stuff might be tougher.