Turn signal noise is actually a speaker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I ran across this Easter egg the other day when I was doing something or another in the truck. I've come to the realization that the Raptor does not like to multi-task. It doesn't want to do a Bluetooth/SYNC phone call, run NAV, tell me directions to turn and then emit the sound for the turn signal. It was something like that anyway...

I think I was just hanging up the call, the bitch was trying to talk (the NAV, not the one on the phone), I was turning on the turn signal.

The turn signal was on, flashing on and off on my dash -- but there was no annoying sound. As soon as it was on for a few seconds and something stopped -- either the call, which wouldn't make sense because I've heard the signals noise before during a call and then the NAV talking to me (which I never have on, but I was on a road trip and no idea where I was going in Atlanta)...but the signal tick tock tick tock was not happening.

I would like it if I could disable that annoying Jack Russel of a ******* noise permanently.

Anyone?

lacrosseman812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u should be able to turn the voice off cause i know that u can in most gps systems all three of my families cars has a nav system and all can turn the voice off and they are 3 different car brands go to like the menu on nav

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
u should be able to turn the voice off cause i know that u can in most gps systems all three of my families cars has a nav system and all can turn the voice off and they are 3 different car brands go to like the menu on nav

I think he meant the turn signal

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
get a big enough hammer and you can make anything stop making noise...

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Ima find that speaker and rip it out - I'm on the phone constantly while driving and them turn signals sure are a converstion stopper. When I find it, I'll post up a pick of what I destroy.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Everything is playing through the radio speakers. This is a computer/programming issue, there are a given number of audio channels available/allowed, and once those are exceeded the computer either stops playing new sounds or prioritizes them appropriately.

My 2004 GMC Sierra had the same type of feature.

It'd be great to hack the BCM and add a less lame turn signal track. Of course if that was possible I'd then have to secretly change kglesq's to someone saying "you are turning left/right" once a second.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It'd be great to hack the BCM and add a less lame turn signal track. Of course if that was possible I'd then have to secretly change kglesq's to someone saying "you are turning left/right" once a second.

That would be awesome...

You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left... You are turning left...

FFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK!

That's ONE left turn!

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Everything is playing through the radio speakers. This is a computer/programming issue, there are a given number of audio channels available/allowed, and once those are exceeded the computer either stops playing new sounds or prioritizes them appropriately.

You are right the warning chimes are prioitized, but i don't think it plays through ACM (audio control module) all warning chimes are inputs sent to IPC (instrument panel) via network from other modules. I did look over wiring I think sounds play out of IPCbut I'm not 100%, if you do disable it will disable all warnings including hill decent chime SRS fault chime TCS fault chime basically all warning and fault chimes will be disabled.

OneArmedViolinist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont tell me your one of those morons that sits at a traffic light for 2 minutes with their blnker going the whole time. I only turn it on when the light turns green..... that way I dont burn out my bulbs..... LOL Im a phucken genious..... bwhahaha