Transporting Raptor cross country?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MMMoodster

Reaction score
I am road tripping to the SnoBall 500 in January all the way from Texas (2,000 miles roundtrip) and prefer not to put miles on my new '14 Raptor and would prefer to tow it. Looking for ways that my fellow Raptor owners have transported their trucks in the past. A dual axle flatbed trailer from a buddy is optimal, but might not be available. Has anyone towed their truck backwards with the rear wheels up on an U-Haul tow dolly before? Safe? Does it damage the Raptor? U-Haul's website say its full blown vehicle trailer cannot handle the Raptor (must be to the wider track and body) so I am looking for options to getting my truck roundtrip from Texas to Michigan...

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
That Flat bed would be your best bet.

Otherwise,

You can flat tow. (All 4 wheels on the ground) There is a procedure outlined in the owners manual that has to be followed to do this. But this technically still puts miles on the truck, tires, etc... (Miles not recorded)

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The raptor is a phenomenal road trip vehicle. Why tow it and not drive it? My first snoball was about 3500 miles and included a trip around lake Michigan with 4 to 5 co pilots. Lol...

Think about towing. You'll have to drive slower, stop more often for gas and to check on tie downs, be more careful towing a long trailer.

Now once you get to the UP, you have to unload the truck in 10 degree weather with a wind chill and most likely in the dark. Enjoy the snoball, drive the **** out of your truck for 3 days. Now Tuesday morning you have to load the truck onto the trailer. For what ever reason, historically this morning proves to be the coldest morning, averaging about -7 degrees. Do you really want to mess with strapping down a truck that is caked with ice and snow underneath in negative degree temps?

If you're asking me (and you are lol...), I'm opting for the remote start, load my bags; quickly say goodbye to all my new raptor buddies, while my nose hair is freezing, jump in a warm truck and point her due south!

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

TRAIN HORNS!!! Thanks to Hornblasters.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=801448

Iron Creek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '14 arrived June this year and just got back from a 2500 trip to Moab and the Grand Canyon and now have well over 22000 miles on the truck. One of the best road trucks I've ever enjoyed so my suggestion is like others and say drive it and stop worrying about the mileage.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless you plan on having the truck as a collector car, drive it. This truck was built to be used get out there and enjoy it. I cant agree more with what Joe said. Trust me she will be happier being driven there.

richwoodrocket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're still going to be putting miles on it once you get it there... I mean in the scheme of things, 2000 miles isn't very many miles at all to put on a truck.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk