Transmission temp while at dunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Paddles are great for sand. They act like balloons and keep the tires on top of the sand, and give you great traction taking off and lower speeds. But once your up to speed, they produce a lot of drag and you do need a lot of power to turn them over and keep accelerating. Paddles on a stock powered raptor would prolly not do that great. They would work from a stop and low speed, but your high speed stuff is gonna be affected. Also will make the rear a bit loose at higher speeds as wel unless you get a set that has inline paddles to help with side to side stability.

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring back an old thread but I have noticed my transmission temps even on just short easy drives to the store are always above 200 and usually around 205. This seems high for light driving. Only time I see it below 200 is when I first start.

OP
OP
str8fast

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck runs about 205-210 normally trans is still shifting strong 51k on her now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loke

Reaction score
Easy driving with cruise control on the highway at 60ish and my temps hover around 200 for many many hours. That is the normal range.

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks guys, just seems a little high for me from other transmission. Always aimed for 190 normal operating.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Cool thanks guys, just seems a little high for me from other transmission. Always aimed for 190 normal operating.

Here on the coolish CA Central Coast my temps are usually 195° - 197° and only go above that when I'm out having fun.

Even those with larger AT coolers see that as a normal temp for everyday driving.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For everyday driving with my extra cooler I run 199 to 201. I only run the fan on the cooler when playing in the dunes, and if running hard like this weekend now only hit the mid 220's, even in warm weather. I am happy.

tgreen

Reaction score
I have not really checked my trans temp while driving yet, so after reading this thread i decided to check on my way to the office.

54 miles on the highway Cruse control at 75 most of the way. 197 max temp