Transmision gear indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the right side of my dash screen, mine used to display (vertically) what gear the transmisson was in (1 - 6) but no longer shows this. I would imagine I have turned something off but have serched the owners manual and can find nothing in it. Anyone know how to turn this back on?

toadman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any way to turn this off. sounds more like something came unplugged.

OP
OP
c-ne-elk

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went out and played with it some more. While leaving it in drive and sitting still, I used the +/- button on the side and it came back on. Hmmmm.. working fine now but seems strange to me.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can turn off & on, the 1-6 by playing with that +/- button while in drive. I usually keep it off unless im wanting to play in manual mode. I notice too if you leave the numbers lit up only to a certain gear while in D not in M. That the truck won't go pass what the last number is. For example it's a 6 speed , so if you have the numbers showed up to number 5_ then it won't shift into 6th.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Normal. What happened was that you probably accidentally hit + while the gear limiter was on 6 already. Thus, removing the indicators.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed my wasn't displaying when I picked up my truck yesterday from the stealership. I'm glad you posted this. I thought I was seeing things.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah the while in drive the + will display the gears. If u keep hitting the - it will lock out gears which is nice if u wanna downshift goin down a hill u don't have to go to manual mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same deal on mine. I swear occasionally it just turns off the display on its own. Just pressing the + brings it back. It hasn't done it in a while though, maybe I was just hitting the damned thing and not noticing it. I don't know why, but I kind of like having the gear displayed even if I'm not in manual mode.