Transfercase swap-a-roo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon.
Sounds like my transfercase isn't happy anymore and is making a low growling noise. I thought it was the diffs but the noise changes in 4L and becomes much higher pitch (since it's spinning faster?) fluid was checked today and it's a little dirty but the level is good.

So does all newer 2013-2016(?) F150s have the same 4 wheel auto transfercase or are there variations I should be aware of so I can get the correct one.

Also, are there rebuild kits for the transfercases?

Thanks.

'13 SCAB with 91,000 Kms

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transfer case is the same between the f150 and the raptor. I'm sure they sell rebuild kits but I've only seen rebuilt transfer cases. I'm in the market for something stronger if I go the rebuilt route. Seems like I might get it from the dealer which is 1200$

OP
OP
D

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just back from Ford. $1600 CDN which is pretty much $1200 USD.

$165/ hr labor and they figure 4 hrs labor. That's a little crazy

BUT

THE TRUCK STILL HAS WARRANTY!!! Woo!

Last edited:

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4 hours labor?! To swap a transfer case ******** how many dogs are they ****** during that time.

I swapped many transfer cases. 15 minutes out, 15 minutes in. Tops. Fluid depending on truck and fill method another 5-10 mins.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4 hours labor?! To swap a transfer case ******** how many dogs are they ****** during that time.

I swapped many transfer cases. 15 minutes out, 15 minutes in. Tops. Fluid depending on truck and fill method another 5-10 mins.

The Oilers are in the playoffs. So, 3 hours to watch hockey, 1 hour to swap transfer case and refill.