Trans being repaired.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For less than $1000 you can pick up a used 6R80 from a junkyard. Usually it's best just to throw a used trans/engine in there compared to having someone try to rebuild them. Good luck with Ford, but if they can't get it done, just throw a salvage take out in there and roll.

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
^ ROFL !!!

@BDRAG - It's the week of 7/11/16 now - any updates yet or is it too soon ?

Just picked the truck up this afternoon. 7/13/16.

Says they replaced control modual but it's all the same papers I got last trip. They re opened the ticket from the last trip. So I guess it will look like they only worked on it twice? Seems ok. I will put 500 miles on it and report in.

If this trip did not cure it, Ford will be informed and face to face evaluation will commence. I am not mad, I am concerned. Frustrated. If it *****, I will probably get hot and then it's on. Just have to keep fingers crossed.

I do not drive the truck any harder than any ford that I have owned since to late 70's. Only difference is all the electronic BS. Give me a standard please....

BDRAG

Last edited:
OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Just on the 18 mile drive to work this morn all seems ok. No slams between gears. No surge or major clunk as you go from park to drive. Roll off in drive from a stop and no pop bang slam into 2nd or 3rd at 10-15 mph rollin off slow down the alley in the morn.

I did a few manual up shifts from a few stop lights accelerating moderately and all shifts happened swiftly but not with any slams or 2 or 3 second delays. As it use to be 2 years ago. LOL! Really, its been a long road to get anything done till it just shit that morn on the way to work. No codes no problem seems to be a dealers normal mode of operation.

I will keep playing and see what the out come is. Fingers crossed. I do not want to go buy a Roush Raptor Clone F 150. They do look good though!

BDRAG

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many have received notice from Ford of a transmission software issue?
Ford said they are working on that problem
and would notify when ready for you to bring to Dealer
provided you have the ongoing issue.
I got my notice about a week ago, but I have zero issues thus far on my 2012.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have slight shifting ishews but I just leave it parked in the grage so, the tuner can get it shifting right but seem's to relearn the stock shift pattren after I use ORM then back.

good luck BDRAG

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
UPDATE 7/29/16

WELL HOT DAMN! I think the truck is really fixed. I have run a few tanks of gas through it and all seems as it was when I fell in love 5-1/2 years ago.

I am so super sensitive to ANY surge or bump or slow shift its been about to drive me insane. But I have been very pleased so far with the last trip to the dealer.

I have put maybe 600-700 miles on it. Started out taking it somewhat easy. Over a few days I started to hammer it a bit. Shifts firm and swift. No jerk or smack. No slow engagement or slip between 2-3 and 3-4. Tranny locks up in 6th as it should. Shifting manually with button or just locking out gears and up shifting all seems as it was new.

The one thing that has really made the whole damn 3 trip to dealer worth it is the feeling of power is back. I mean its like its had a tune put on it. The drive line is now so efficient compared to how it was the last 2 years its uncanny! Breath a tad to quick on the gas peddle and it will jump out of the hole and chip the tires. When it shifts from 1-2 & 2-3 & 3-4 is smooth and firm and seamless. Power is just there. Almost like its now a closer ratio between gears. Amazing just how use a person can get to a bad running piece of equipment as it deteriorates over time.

I mean I noticed problem 2 years ago at 45K and it took 2 years and 5 or 6 trips to two different dealers to get it looked at and it took the tranny destroying itself before a problem could be found. THANK GOD I had purchased the Ford ESP warrantee from Randy way back when.

I will list what was done in order starting with the destroyed tranny trip, Trip one. I will then list the second trips parts list. And the 3rd trip which used the same re opened work order from the second trip and has a few deleted lines in it from the second trip. Hummmmm? Wonder why? I will type it as its displayed on the work order which seems in reverse to me.

First Trip: May 3rd 2016. 67878 miles.

C CUST STATES HARD SHIFT, SHIFTS VIOLENTLY BUT HAPPENS RANDOMLY - SEE ADVISOR TO DUPLICATE - PLEASE DIAGNOSE - CUSTOMER HAS PREMIUMCARE

ESP APPROVAL FOR TRANS REPAIR
ON LINE CAPPROVAL #E57VQ 15.7
HRS X $104.04 TOTAL
$1633.43PARTS $603.28TAX
$49.77RENTAL 10 DAYS

B MULTIPOINT INSPECTION
99P MULTIPORINT INSPECTION

CAUSE: 7000F AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ELECTRONIC DIAGNOSIS
DIAGNOSIS (7000) - L

1 BL3Z*7A103*B PUMP ASY- OIL
1 BL3Z*7153*B KIT - GASKET
1 AL3Z*7G383*M SOLENOID - ELECTRONIC PRESSURE
2 AL3Z*7G383*L SOLENOID - ELECTRONIC PRESSURE
1 BL3Z*7A098*A SCREEN ASY
1 CL3Z*7Z490*C PLATE AND GASKET ASY
1 6L2Z*7B066*R PLATE - CLUTCH PRESSURE
7 6L2Z*7B442*AA DRIVEN PLATE - STEEL
6 9L3Z*7B164*C PLATE ASY - DRIVE
10 XT*10*QLVC OIL - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
1 BL3Z*7A191*C GASKET
7000A AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY - REMOVE
AAN INSTALL OR REPLACE (7000)-L
WF
7000AXQ AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ASSEMLY - REMOVE AND INSTALL OR REPLACE (7000) - L EXTRA TIME FOR POST ROAD TEST. (AFTER
WF
7000AZJ AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION - REMOVE AND INSTALL OR REPLACE (7000) - L EXTRA TIME TO MOUNT TRANSMISSION ON A
WF
7000A2 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY - OVERHAUL (7000/7C391) - L
WF
7000A4 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION CONVERTER ASSEMBLY - CONTAMINATION INSPECTION (7A283 / 7052 / 7902)-L
WF
7000A11 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER AND / OR COOLER LINES - FLUSH (7A030 / 7A031) - L
WF
7000A13 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION MAIN CONTROL VALVE (ASSEMBLY) - OVERHAUL (7A100 / 7G391 / 7Z369) - L
WF
FC: P68 46
PART#: BL3Z*7A103*B
COUNT: CLAIM TYPE:
AUTH CODE:

PARTS:
7000F 1.3 7000A 6.6 7000AXQ 0.2 7000AZJ 0.3 7000A2 4.8
7000A4 0.2 7000A11 0.6 7000A13 1.6
RAN ELC. TRANS DG NO DTC CHECK FLUID LEVEL OK FLUID BURNT TEST DROVE FOUND SLIPPING IN 4TH GEAR REMOVED TRANS AND PLACED ON BENCH
FIXTURE INSPECT FOUND O/D CLUTCH BURNT DO TO SHIFT SOLINOID.
O/H TRANS AND O/H VALVE BODY FLUSH LINES TOP OFF FLUID AND TEST DROVE TRANS SHIFTING NORMAL AT THIS TIME RETEST NO DTC.

Returned May 16th. 67899 miles.

So that was the first attempt. Looks like they found a bunch of burnt up shit. Imagine that! Only been slipping for 20,000 miles in 6th and bitch shifting between 3-4.

Second trip: June 27th 2016. 69128 miles.

A P09 CUST STATES THE SHIFT FROM 2-3 DRAWS OUT/ HESITATES WHEN DRIVING NORMAL 30-40 MPH.....CHECK HISTORY...FORD PREMCARE

CAUSE:
7000F AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ELECTRONIC DIAGNOSE
- DIAGNOSE (7000) -
WESP
7191A AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION GASKET OR OIL PAN - REMOVE AND INSTALL OR REPLACE (7A191 / 7A194) - L
WESP
7191A1 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION MAIN CONTROL VALVE BODY - REMOVE AND INSTALL OR REPLACE (7A100 / 7G383 / 7G391) - L
WESP
1 ALSZ*7G383*T SOLENOID - ELECTRONIC PRESSURE
1 AL3Z*7G383*U SOLENOID - ELECTRONIC PRESSURE
7191A2 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION MAIN CONTROL VALVE BODY - OVERHAUL (7A100 / 7Z369) - L
WESP
7191AXQ AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION GASKET OR OIL PAN - REMOVE AND INSTALL OR REPLACE (7A191 / 7A194) - L EXTRA TIME FOR A
WESP
FC: P66 42
PART# AL3Z*7G383*T
COUNT:
CLAIM TYPE:
AUTH CODE:
PARTS:
7000F 1.3 7191A 1.7 7191AXQ 0.2 7191A1 0.8 7191A2 1.6
RAN ELC TRANS DG NO DTC CHECK FLUID OK TEST DROVE FOUND DELAY IN SHIFT 3RD GEAR REMOVED TRANS PAN AND REMOVED VALVE BODY INSPECT FOUND NO VALVE STICK OR STUCK AT THIS TIME O/H VALVE BODY AND REPLACED 2 LOW SOLENOIDS AND TOP OFF FLUID AND TEST DROVE TRANS SHIFTING NORMAL AT THIS TIME.

Returned June 30th. 69199 miles.

So I picked it up and did not even get 30 yards from the service drive and it hit second gear so hard at 10 mph it almost knocked off my sunglasses off my head.??? I drove it around the block and headed back. The service manager see's me and cringed. He asked what's wrong and I told him. He called the mechanic. had him come over and we all went for a short drive. It snap shifted at 5, 10, 15, 30 mph into second from first. The mechanic made the funny comment about its got a shift kit. A race truck. LOL. I did not laugh and neither did the service manager. Back we went. The manager discussed the issue with the mechanic and it was decided to replace the works, the main control valve and whatever else. A complete kit? They ordered it that day.

Parts came in but mechanic was on vacation. Waited a week and took it in for the THIRD time.

Now this is where I wonder WTF this looks like to Ford. They open the same Ticket back up and the dates are slightly different but do not reflect actual input date of July 11 or the pick up date of July 14th. The mileage was not changed to reflect the 11 days I drove the truck nor was it shown any different at pick up.?????

Third Trip. July 11th, 2016. About 69,500 miles

The same complaint that stated shifts draw out between 2-3 was left intact. Here is the repair list. Its different from the 2nd trip paper work.

CAUSE;
7000F AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ELECTRONIC DIAGNOSIS
- DIAGNOSIS (7000) - L
WESP
1FL3Z*7A100*ECONTROL ASY - TRANSMISSION
7191A AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION GASKET OR OIL PAN-
REMOVAL AND INSTALL OR REPLACE (7A191 / 7A194) - L
WESP
7191A1 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION MAIN CONTROL VALVE
BODY - REMOVE AND INSTALL OR REPLACE
(7A100 / 7G383 / 7G391) - L
WESP
10 XT*10QLVC OIL - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
7191A2 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION MAIN CONTROL VALVE
BODY - OVERHAUL (7A100 / 7Z369) - L
WESP
7191AXQ AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION GASKET OR OIL PAN
- REMOVE AND INSTALL OR REPLACE
(7A191 / 7A194) - L EXTRA TIME FOR A
WESP
FC: P66 42
PART#: FL3Z*7A100*E
COUNT:
CLAIM TYPE: ESP
AUTH CODE:003466
PARTS:
700F 1.3 7191A 1.7 7191AXQ 0.2 7191A1 0.8 7191A2 1.6
RAN ELC TRANS DG NO DTC CHECK FLUID OK TEST DROVE FOUND
DELAY IN SHIFT 3RD GEAR REMOVED TRANS PAN AND REMOVED
VALVE BODY INSPECT FOUND NO VALVE STICK OR STUCK AT THIS
TIME O/H VALVE BODY AND REPLACE 2 LOW SOLENOIDS AND TOP
OFF FLUID AND TEST DROVE TRANS. TRANS START SHIFT HARD ON 1-2
SHIFT REMOVED PAN
AND RECHECK VALVE STICKING REPLACED VALVE BODY AND TOP OFF FLUID
AND TEST DROVE
TRANS SHIFTING NORMAL AT THIS TIME
TIME

I picked up the truck on July 14th, 2016.

I did not note the exact mileage because its always been on the service ticket but since that's a big mess????

As I waited for about 15 minutes in the 100 degree heat I noticed the service manager looking my way. He asked where my truck was. I told him who the hell knows. LOL. He ran back and found it and drove it up. He said, lets go for a ride. I drove. WOW! It was correct right off the bat. We did a short 1 or 2 mile loop and I hit the gas hard and soft. Down shifted hard and soft. All was good. He was relieved. I took him back and left. For good I pray!

So the truck is finally right. It drive totally different and with a new sense of power and feel. No ******** or bitch shifts. No slipping between shifts or drawn out shifts in any gear. You roll into it hard doing 30 mph and it down shifts firm but without hesitation or surging. Its working as it should!

So what the hell does all this say about the repair process? I don't know. All I know is I kept my cool. I worked with the dealer and they worked with me. It took 3 trips and over 2 months of in and out. I think I was in a rental car for a total of 3 weeks and a few days. Again, I had no choice but to be calm and patient. This is all under warrantee. The warrantee is almost up in 5000 more miles and 6 months. So it had to get fixed and fixed right.

So all in all, Five Star Ford in Plano Texas got the truck fixed. I will give them credit for that. I am not real happy not having the best documentation of what really went on. Did the dealer screw up and try and cover their asses with Ford? Probably to some extent. I think it would have been better if the dealer had just made the call to replace the whole damn tranny instead of putting the customer through the ringer like they did. The dealer needs to work on their test drive and so on before returning a vehicle to a customer and having the customer point out what's NOT fixed.

Damn My fingers are wore out. Good night! HAhahaaaa.

BDRAG

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad it's finally fixed. You played your cards right, staying calm and patient. I am sure it was difficult at times, but you always catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I had an issue with the same dealership a few years ago before I moved, but they made things right. Kudos! I hope it continues ruining the way it should!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk