Trailer disconnected in dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Copy, I'll look, thanks

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Looks like 9 and 21, but all they say is trailer battery charging relay and fuse.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess that if the electric brakes are not hooked up that you will get the trailer disconnected warning. Crawled under the trailer and I see the electric drum brakes just have pigtails sticking out.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we have to put a fuse in for your truck to utilize trailer brakes? Never had to do that on any of my other Fords.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can't test that the power to the brakes from the TBC on our dash is routed through the relay or fuse but from what I've READ the relay is only to connect our battery to a trailer battery for charging when the ignition is on, and the fuse is for over current protection in case something goes wrong charging the trailer battery. Other folks on other ford forums say neither has anything to do with powering/ operating electric brakes on trailers.