Trailer disconnected in dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought a trailer that was wired for a f150, and uses the 7 round light plug. It has electric brakes and every thing works great other than the truck doesn't know the trailer is connected when it's plugged in. I get the " trailer disconnected " warning in the dash when I apply the trailer brake on the dash.

All any idea ? What contact in the 7 round tells the truck that the trailer is there?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This trailer has electric brakes , no battery, so the charging fuse would not need to be installed, I was wondering what pin on the 7 tells the truck the trailer is connected?

When I use the manual brake on the TBC it displayed the warning and the trailer brakes don't work..

I'll double check all wires.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sir I didnt, from reading here and elsewhere that the fuse and relay was only there to charge the trailer breakaway battery , which mine does not have. Is it required to have those in to make the connection so the truck knows the trailer is back there?

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll put them in, I just went out to the truck and got them out of the glove box. " Hey there made in USA"

What fuse slots do they go into ?