Traded my Raptor - A Cautionary Tale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My step father just bought a 15 Platinum FX4. Went with him to look and drive (and buy) it. Fine looking and riding truck. But, it ain't a Raptor!!! That did in any thought of me thinking about flipping my Raptor for the money.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Seems more people are just expecting absolute perfection with what these new trucks cost.

Thanks for the info, Chris. I will say though, for $60K half-ton trucks, I would expect perfection as well. I expected perfection from my Raptor and so far, it's been perfect.

My buddy has a loaded Lariat and he's had zero issues with it. The only thing I've heard, and it's a pretty serious one, is the laser cruise control slamming on the brakes because it sees the shadow from an 18 wheeler as another vehicle.

Raptoe13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 15 f150 work truck and I can attest to the hood lines not following the fender lines worth a crap. Looks like what you'd expect from cheap aftermarket stuff. Disappointing.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on these complaints? I haven't really heard anything negative yet.

Chris's FX4 linked the complaint thread. Read through it, lots of different stuff. People reporting corrosion from steel hardware where it attaches to the aluminum body. Just ******. I don't like first model years of any vehicle, but the 15 seems to have more complaints than most...especially for what people are paying for KR's and Platinums with all the tech and lux features.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A used Raptor is better than a new F150 or GMC/ Chevrolet truck.

Ford has done this through out their history, cancel hot selling items to reinvent them only to miss the mark. No surprise there.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Chris. I will say though, for $60K half-ton trucks, I would expect perfection as well. I expected perfection from my Raptor and so far, it's been perfect.

My buddy has a loaded Lariat and he's had zero issues with it. The only thing I've heard, and it's a pretty serious one, is the laser cruise control slamming on the brakes because it sees the shadow from an 18 wheeler as another vehicle.

Yup, there's a bunch of complaints about the adaptive cruise doing this. I think one of the guys had gotten it sorted out with the dealer though, and diagnosed and fixed the issue.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just order up a dual shock setup, some deavers, and some Raptor glass from fiberwerx. You'll have all the performance (actually probably more since it weighs less) of a raptor and it you'll get that aggressive look back.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just order up a dual shock setup, some deavers, and some Raptor glass from fiberwerx. You'll have all the performance (actually probably more since it weighs less) of a raptor and it you'll get that aggressive look back.

And still have a 2015 platinum.....