Trade Pricing / Value Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering trading in my 2014 and plan on beginning some initial discussions next week with dealers... As the pricing for these trucks seem to be all over the place, I thought I would start here and ask if anyone has done this recently. To make it more complicated, I have a Roush so I can't even get a baseline for that using KBB, NADA, etc...

Any comments or first hand experience I can use?

2014 Ruby Red SE SuperCrew
All Options
Serialized Roush
Only mods are window tint, and LineX
~18K miles

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I was you, depending on your time constraints, I would private sell it. The dealers are gonna take $6000 - $8000 off the offer price so they have some profit margin.

I bet if you blitzed the classifieds that you could get way more than any dealer is gonna offer. Just go look on line and see what the dealers are selling a like truck for. Maybe take $1000 off that price to get everyone's attention.

Good luck with your deal!!!

D

Deleted member 12951

Look at ebay for a Roush raptor prices and sites like autotrader and such. We all know that a dealer is going to give you far less but understand sometimes trading in might be the option to go with. Are you still keeping your 12' raptor though?

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was you, depending on your time constraints, I would private sell it. The dealers are gonna take $6000 - $8000 off the offer price so they have some profit margin.

I bet if you blitzed the classifieds that you could get way more than any dealer is gonna offer. Just go look on line and see what the dealers are selling a like truck for. Maybe take $1000 off that price to get everyone's attention.

Good luck with your deal!!!

I like the idea of a private sell as well, but you have to also consider the extra sales tax you will end up paying when you buy the new vehicle. Where I live sales tax is 8% so there would be a tax "savings" of $4k if they give you $50k for your trade which is conservative IMO.