Towing a Gooseneck Trailer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're gonna want to open the moon roof and hook up the fifth wheel there. It will help distribute the weight much better and your MPG won't be as bad.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You're gonna want to open the moon roof and hook up the fifth wheel there. It will help distribute the weight much better and your MPG won't be as bad.

Interesting concept. I wonder if I could weld onto an ADD chase rack and do it that way?

mcote1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which one would you recommend?

I want to do this the right way.

Well, if you want to go with something cheap and quick that will last a while, I would recommend using pressure treated 2x4's. You will just have to drill holes in the appropriate places

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Well, if you want to go with something cheap and quick that will last a while, I would recommend using pressure treated 2x4's. You will just have to drill holes in the appropriate places

My neighbor lifted his old 73 chevy that way. Seemed ok but I think I'll go with a 2" daystar.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aaron,
I used 6 hockey pucks stacked on one another at each body mount, but it wasn't enough so I stacked on 3 more. I used a wood drill bit to drill the bolt hole through the pucks. Bolts were too short so I scored some 30" zip ties and used 4 at each mount.
Nice cushy ride, but there is some body roll....

Eddie