towing four down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Yes, the truck pretty much fit my needs all along but, really shined with the increased towing capacity and the ability to flat tow. Both upgrades in 2012.

Ok, it's Cody your old neighbor. My dad and I were surprised you didn't have one of the first raptors regardless. I imagine yours will be looking pretty cool soon

syf350

Reaction score
I read here that the new models have a series of button pushing, shifting, and holding your tongue just right to get the transfer case in neutral to allow for towing four down.

Since this is obviously some kind of electronic method, is there a mod or upgrade that can be done to the 2011 models that will do this as well?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to get it in to neutral.
Check out the post from Mcmannus under the comparison sticky. I cannot like it from my phone.

Joe

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As far as I know, 2010-2011 models you are not able to flat tow.

2010-2011 Ford Raptor flat towing is for emergencies only. 35 mph max for 50 miles max. Only way to flat tow is with a manual transfer case that has Neutral.

You need a drive line disconnect put in place to do this. Or you can pull off your driveshaft, install hitch and lights, and go. Replace driveshaft when you want to drive the pickup around. Those are your only options, unless you get a trailer to tow the pickup around on.

-Greg

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And at around $325 a tire (yeah yeah I know you can get them a little cheaper) I wouldn't want to waste the tires anymore than you had to.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anytime mine is on the road I want to be driving it!