Towing a 25 ft Offshore Boat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any of you guys have issues with the truck maintaing 65mph? My boat weighs in at 7000lbs (including trailer and full tank of gas). I have 365/65/18" tires. On flat, straight highway, and in tow/haul mode, the Raptor will downshift every 30" or so. Is this normal?
i actually have it at the dealer today to check it out. Im concerned that they are going to tell me its because of the tires.

I run 37's and I'm pretty sure it is your tires. My experience is similar when towing my 6000lb travel trailer. I just limit it to 5th gear and it solves the problem. RPMs are just to low in 6th and the transmission can't figure out which gear to use.

Last edited:

Timex

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Would something simple like cold air intake only help? Or a tune? I hate to get into too many mods as it's a daily driver that gets as much as 150 miles a day put on it. I'll try what Bigg50 suggested this weekend.

Specracer

Reaction score
Towed a 24' enclosed trailer w 04 cobra inside, close to thousand miles last weekend. Has bars, and sway control. Towed ok, prefer a diesel, but the raptor did just fine. Only got 9mpg. The mirrors were not wide enough, got these

Amazon.com: Fit System 81810 Ford F-150 Towing Mirror - Pair: Automotive

I'd rather have the f150 towing mirrors, but they don't look the best.

Malibu1

Reaction score
I just towed my Malibu Wakesetter for the first time with the Raptor. Boat is 3600, trailer 2000 and had about 1200 pounds of ballast in the boat. It towed just find. I was surprised that it did not get the Cyclical Bounce on the freeway that my old F150 had for one stretch of pavement.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
My tows this great! I went to the spring shop and had them add another leaf to the rear pack and now even with the boat on it sit level. That's a 25ft with a big block 4400 lbs dry.

image-53.jpg

imagejpg1-5.jpg

uae rapor

Reaction score
i tow my 20ft fishing boat with a 150 4stroke engine, Seadoo jet ski and atv's, all good its a raptor :specialed: