Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it was RPG that had some air bag struts and they are easy on off or some what easy so that would be an idea look it up I don't have them but if all I did was tow I would they help the hop with wheel spin also It is for sure one of the vendors on hear look up search good luck

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a word of warning guys. I've been doing quite a bit of towing with my Raptor. 28' enclosed (stolen one) with a car, tools, tires, parts, fuel ect...somewhere between 10-12k pounds and it was bending my frame. Wayne from Outlaw noticed it when I had him installing the bump stop kit. He told me that he had seen another Raptor with a bent frame from towing his boat around.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a word of warning guys. I've been doing quite a bit of towing with my Raptor. 28' enclosed (stolen one) with a car, tools, tires, parts, fuel ect...somewhere between 10-12k pounds and it was bending my frame. Wayne from Outlaw noticed it when I had him installing the bump stop kit. He told me that he had seen another Raptor with a bent frame from towing his boat around.

Any word on the weight of the boat?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That doesnt surprise me... With you and your cargo you are 4-6k over load limit right. Your truck is rated at 7k towing... its riding on the or within a inch of the stop... Any little bump and frame hit...

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That doesnt surprise me... With you and your cargo you are 4-6k over load limit right. Your truck is rated at 7k towing... its riding on the or within a inch of the stop... Any little bump and frame hit...

Exactly. I was hitting the stock bump stop. Wayne showed me the marks. Getting my F350 fixed next week so I quit using the Raptor as my tow vehicle. While it handled great, I was pushing the truck too far as usual. Someday I'll grow up :baby: and quit abusing my vehicles.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I was hitting the stock bump stop. Wayne showed me the marks. Getting my F350 fixed next week so I quit using the Raptor as my tow vehicle. While it handled great, I was pushing the truck too far as usual. Someday I'll grow up :baby: and quit abusing my vehicles.

I know how you feel wanting to tow with the Raptor!!! I love the look of it and want to take it everywhere... lol

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i towed to fl and back (16 hours) last month, and commerce and back (8 hours) pulling my car and open trailer.

flawless

Reaction score

Curious to how much the car weighs, Im looking to pull 28' enclosed with my dirt modified racecar. Figuring parts and spares to be close in weight, but no idea on car. Mine completely fueled up is 2400it lbs. Judging from experience, do you think this is doable or need to add some suspension stuff, or just buy another truck...not sounding encouraging lol. Thanks for the help

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I never thought about that Rick. The truck for sure has the power and ability to tow a lot, but the weight bottoming out the suspension over bumps could really damage some stuff

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weight distribution hitches should help allot. The ad for my hitch showed a trailer hitched to a car with no rear wheels on it. The hitch held it off the ground. Drove around front wheel drive.