Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easy guys........

I think that maybe this guy was just asking a real world question. I and he knows what the manual says, but others may have had different experiences. IMO - if your boat trailer has brakes, you can probably tow 8000 - 9000 safely. If it doesn't have trailer brakes, I would be real careful hauling the maximum weight. Remember, these are off-road equipped trucks. They can be pushed around by a heavy load. Get your trailer and load weighed so you KNOW what it weighs. If it's much over 7500 lbs, then I'd be looking at using another truck if you can.

7raptor

Reaction score
Easy guys........

I think that maybe this guy was just asking a real world question. I and he knows what the manual says, but others may have had different experiences. IMO - if your boat trailer has brakes, you can probably tow 8000 - 9000 safely. If it doesn't have trailer brakes, I would be real careful hauling the maximum weight. Remember, these are off-road equipped trucks. They can be pushed around by a heavy load. Get your trailer and load weighed so you KNOW what it weighs. If it's much over 7500 lbs, then I'd be looking at using another truck if you can.

Exactly. Thanks, mate. Have a great week.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Seriously does no one read the manual? 8000 pounds.

Yeah. The manual says to use 87 gas too. Let me know how that works out. :flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird:

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It actually works great. And if your trailer weighs more than 2000 pounds and does not have brakes good luck !

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Wife and I decided to go with an Airstream instead. 6800 lbs. dry weight. I think I'm going to exceed my payload by 200-300 lbs. when all is said and done. Definitely doing a weight distributing hitch. Also going to do the Timbren SES rubber bump stops. This should work good.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
7100 lbs dry weight. Anyone towing one of these? Thoughts?

Wana RV Center

I have a 23' Toybox with a dry weight of 5300lbs. Max is 7700lbs.

IMG_0506_zpslk7516s0.jpg

I did a quick run with the trailer to my mechanic for a routine service check and the Raptor pulled it fine. The rear dropped around 1" and pulled trailer with no issues.

We are taking the trailer to Panamint Springs (about 300 miles from home) in two weeks... can't wait :)

NLPRacing

Reaction score
I have a 23' Toybox with a dry weight of 5300lbs. Max is 7700lbs.

IMG_0506_zpslk7516s0.jpg

I did a quick run with the trailer to my mechanic for a routine service check and the Raptor pulled it fine. The rear dropped around 1" and pulled trailer with no issues.

We are taking the trailer to Panamint Springs (about 300 miles from home) in two weeks... can't wait :)

Are you using a weight distribution hitch?

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Are you using a weight distribution hitch?

Yes! It's pretty much the same setup I had for my old truck as well. This Friday it's going to Panamint Springs so I get to see how well the Raptor will tow this over the Tehachapi Pass.

I don't have a pic right now but I'll take a few on Friday when I hook the trailer up.

NLPRacing

Reaction score
Yes! It's pretty much the same setup I had for my old truck as well. This Friday it's going to Panamint Springs so I get to see how well the Raptor will tow this over the Tehachapi Pass.

I don't have a pic right now but I'll take a few on Friday when I hook the trailer up.

I have a Kodiak 300BHSL that I usually tow with my wife's Expedition. I use an Equalizer set-up that worked well behind the Expy, so I am hoping it will be even better behind my Raptor.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a Rage'n FS3000 pretty regularly with Deaver +2 and SVC Bumps. I think it weighs about 7000 empty then I put 2 quads and a razr XP in it. Plus 150 gallons of water and 50 gallons of gas. No issues besides not enough HP

82DCE809-5D3D-4845-8937-321FD3FBF72B_zpspav1ce9h.jpg

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tow a Rage'n FS3000 pretty regularly with Deaver +2 and SVC Bumps. I think it weighs about 7000 empty then I put 2 quads and a razr XP in it. Plus 150 gallons of water and 50 gallons of gas. No issues besides not enough HP

Congrats now please stay in WA and never bring that rig east thats way to heavy for a raptor your gonna kill someone like that.