Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does everyone fail to understand the words "Maximum rated towing capacity"... Have an accident and everything you own will belong to someone else, oh and everything you ever will own... Ford puts this in big bold letters for a reason... Changing springs does not change the towing capacity.... Nor does bump stops.... Your going to kill someone....

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does everyone fail to understand the words "Maximum rated towing capacity"... Have an accident and everything you own will belong to someone else, oh and everything you ever will own... Ford puts this in big bold letters for a reason... Changing springs does not change the towing capacity.... Nor does bump stops.... Your going to kill someone....

+1.

Key part in this discussion is: you knowingly and willfully exceeded the limits set by the manufacturer. No insurance company is going to cover an (at fault) accident when you are operating a vehicle outside its intended parameters. Legal counsel for the opposing party is going to massacre you in court.

But, do as you please. Just stay out of neck of the woods!

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with Ice and Marcs on this one - you may or may not have to pay the piper, and I hope you never do, but you are playing with fire. Ford makes the F-250 /350 for a reason.

Please post up your future trips so I can make sure my loved ones are not nearby.

Grempel

Reaction score
Hauling and towing

I haul a lot of weigh with my raptor and I tow trailers with it on a regular basis. I was wondering what the best option for me would be. I was thinking of airbags but I'm not To sure if they would hold up with the suspension and I'm open to ideas about how to increase the hauling capacity and not mess with the ride of the truck to much

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only way to increase capacity is buy a super duty. These have a weight rating and exceeding the weight rating is a violation of the law and having an accident while doing it means your going to pay for damages for a very long time...

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get heavy duty springs from rpg they would help but you should go over the weight rating for the truck

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about some specifics to start with.

How much is a "lot of weight"?? How big and how heavy are the trailers. Is this at the same time or one or the other??

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock springs are a better choice due to their overload spring and higher rate.
The others are more for performance.
Your only option is the sdhq air bag setup, or the RPG long bump stops.