Tow hook bolts

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

That is a nice clean cut. Did you just use a grinder with a cut-off wheel?
That bar between the holes, did you weld that in because I don't recall it being like that?

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a nice clean cut. Did you just use a grinder with a cut-off wheel?
That bar between the holes, did you weld that in because I don't recall it being like that?

Used my 4 1/2 inch cut off on electric grinder. Yes I made the spacer and welded it inside for the new bumper mount bolt.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RDFTS ... As you know, the lower portion of your bumper attaches to the lower frame using the stock steering rack bolts. Please note this bolt is a 26mm and it is massive (see pics below). I hope you have an air impact wrench as Ford has these 2 bolts on there right. Follow these instructions:

- park on level ground with the wheels turned straight.
- when you remove the 2 bolts, support the steering wrack with a floor jack. If you don't support the steering rack, it will move and then you will not be able to reinstall the bolts.

From reading lots of install threads I don't understand why lots of folks are using standard sockets when most if not all bolts on the raptor are metric. When I spoke to RPG about the removal of the steering rack bolts they told me I could use a standard size socket. Yes you can do this but because these 2 bolts are on so tight you will start to round off your head using a standard socket instead of using the correct metric socket.

steering_bolts1.jpg

steering_bolts.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks for the heads up! We have impact tools. Not sure on the 26mm though. Will be making a trip to harbor freight today anyways. I know I can look it up but what is the torque spec on these 26mm bolts?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My impact wrench is rated at 450 ft/pounds and I had to hit it 4-5 times to get the bolt to come out. Granted Ford uses loctite on these bolts. And you should reinstall using loctite.

Thanks for the heads up! We have impact tools. Not sure on the 26mm though. Will be making a trip to harbor freight today anyways. I know I can look it up but what is the torque spec on these 26mm bolts?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

More or less asking what does it need to torque to when reinstalling?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I reinstall as tight as my gun would allow me. I would call SVC and ask. They (RPG/SVC same folks) told me to put it on as tight as possible when I asked.

More or less asking what does it need to torque to when reinstalling?