Tow haul button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped to pick up some smokes, and when I moved the gear selector from park to reverse to leave the tow/Haul button shot accross my lap. After finding the button I tried to place it back, but noticed the tab on the button was broke. Stopped at Ford on my way home and they will fix it under warranty, but get this, the complete shifter has to be replaced, to fix the button. You would thing the shift grip would come apart to get at the switch but no way. Like I said the complete shifter, which means, part of the dash and the console has to be removed. Anyone else have this issue with the tow/Haul button?

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stopped to pick up some smokes, and when I moved the gear selector from park to reverse to leave the tow/Haul button shot accross my lap. After finding the button I tried to place it back, but noticed the tab on the button was broke. Stopped at Ford on my way home and they will fix it under warranty, but get this, the complete shifter has to be replaced, to fix the button. You would thing the shift grip would come apart to get at the switch but no way. Like I said the complete shifter, which means, part of the dash and the console has to be removed. Anyone else have this issue with the tow/Haul button?

This is a new one.
Sounds like an entire day at the dealership and that sucks!

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would someone have the part number,aprox cost for it.Mine popped out of the blue and seems to be broken .Very flimsy material for the button