Touch scree not working in 2010 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not working at all when its touched. Everything else appears to be working just fine. I have disconnected the battery and still nothing.

I cant work out how to operate it to do a factory reset without being able to touch it.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Touch sensitivity could be dead... Ive had mine (2013) freeze up before but never past a battery disconnect that sounds like a physical problem not software related

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to let someone else chime in that probably has a better idea about it than I do but if it's anything like my iPad was, then it might be a new head unit entirely...

Best of luck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The touch screen is a capacitive touch design. Any calibration to it will most likely have to happen at the dealers. There is 2 pieces of thin film on the screen when they are pushed together they make a resistive reading indicating an X and Y axis co-ordinates. Often it is the chip that processes that info that fails. Failures are not super common but common enough.

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Microfilms and microchips, eh?

Have Red Fox drop the dossier at 48.0673° N, 12.8633° E

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take it to a dealer with a good rep It will cost you an hours labor and could save you some money. They can verify if the screen is beyond saving.