The (Totally Un)Official "Cheap Tweaks" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are tons of thread and posts about the 'big buck' mods we've done, or will do, or dream about. But if ya stop and think about it, you've gotta admit there's so much more that goes into making your Raptor yours. This thread is dedicated to all those "Cheap Tweaks" we've made to our trucks, that help make it as unique as each of us are.

I'll kick things off with a couple. First up is my "Where the f&*k is the Kleenex box?" mod.

I know you've been there... cruisin down the road mindin your business, rocking out to some Todo, and all the sudden a sneeze racks ya and remnants go flyin everywhere. Or you're munchin on that taco and half of it ends up in your lap... no problem, right? Grab that tissue and wipe up, yeah? But wait... where the hell is that damn Kleenex box?? And as you start frantically lookin (snot leaves streaks, after all), you drift off the road and find yourself flying thru the air over a ditch... and the last thing you remember is seeing that Kleenex box mysteriously appear outta thin air and nail you in the temple.

Here's my simple solution:
ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

If fits in there nice and tight (no rattles!) and is easily reachable from the driver's seat at any time. Total cost? A whopping $15 for a 6 pack
Amazon.com: Kleenex White Hand Towel (Pack of 6): Health & Personal Care

Here's another. I drink a ton of water and like to make sure I keep some in the truck at all times. I also like to use my cup holders for other stuff (like a cell phone, wallet etc). Solution? A 32oz Camelbak plastic bottle stored in the door
w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

I tried many different styles and types until I found that the Camelbak "Better Bottle" fit like a glove (the older style, where its fatter on the bottom and tapers in up the neck) It slides in with minimal effort, and it doesn't come out unless you pull it out (no rattling!). The Sony label on the speaker in the door does scratch the bottle's plastic when you push it in and pull it out, but that's not a biggie for me (no damage to the truck).

One note on this one: I used to run with a Camelbak sippy straw / bite value thing and I used to clean it out every week or so (dishwasher). But then one day the water started tasting funky, and I pulled the lid apart trying to figure it out... and found TONS of mold in the mechanism. After I got done puking, I threw that **** away and replaced it with a Nalgene flip cap. Its got no parts or places for mold to accumulate and I've used this for about a year since with zero issues.

Total cost? $11 for the bottle
CamelBak Better Bottle w/ Bite Valve - 1L from Backcountry.com

plus $5 for the Nalgene flip top cap (ending up with an extra bottle to throw in the cupboard)
Amazon.com: NALGENE Tritan OTG BPA-Free Water Bottle 24 Oz: Sports & Outdoors

Last edited:

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice write up. you are a man full of knowledge. I have to look for that bottle. I have a cheaper one that doesn't fit quite right in the doors. I too hydrate like no tomorrow.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would add the stubby antenna and the orange reflector delete.

Stubby: $20
http://www.cravenspeed.com/products/The-Stubby-Antenna.html

Black Reflector Kit from Ford: $20

Also as people add suggestions I would just put them all in the original post so people don't have to read thru then entire thing

Last edited:

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would add the stubby antenna and the orange reflector delete.

Stubby: $20

Black Reflector Kit from Ford: $20

Also as people add suggestions I would just put them all in the original post so people don't have to read thru then entire thing

It would be appreciated if you also provide a link to where each product can be found. I have no idea what a black reflector kit is or where to find one, but I'm intrigued!

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be appreciated if you also provide a link to where each product can be found. I have no idea what a black reflector kit is or where to find one, but I'm intrigued!

Updated

Changes this
20ab47c7-e810-46de.jpg

Into this
20ab47c7-e852-ad87.jpg

Last edited: