top speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

You are going at top speed so I assume you have a tune that removed the limiter? Is that 112mph? Caused I heard it can reach 135mph (217 kph).

But why at that speed you are only in 5th gear?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are going at top speed so I assume you have a tune that removed the limiter? Is that 112mph? Caused I heard it can reach 135mph (217 kph).

5th gear would keep you more in the powerband than 6th at that speed.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
He has a tune to be going that fast. Wouldn't surprise me if it's something in the tune. If your foot is to the floor it might keep it in 5th. I don't know, nor do I really want to try. Going that fast with off-road tires that aren't rated for higher than 105mph is a death wish.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol, I've done 135 on the highway a few times on 37's with beadlocks, felt fine, but the beadlocks made me nervous at that speed. Still had a little more in the tank too.

Paratrooper84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, I've done 135 on the highway a few times on 37's with beadlocks, felt fine, but the beadlocks made me nervous at that speed. Still had a little more in the tank too.
I agree, I saw another post saying the 13 won't go pass 120. I hit 125 this weekend when passing on a two lane road coming from Utah. To be honest it felt like she had more left lol.

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a side note, my BMW bike is just shifting into 2nd gear at nearly the speed my Raptor tops out at LOL :facepalm:

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I figured the reason for engine speed limiting was due to tire ratings..??

Vehicle speed limitations are usually because of braking distances...something as heavy as a Raptor takes longer to stop than say a Vette.

I'm had my Raptor to 127 mph (according to an independent GPS) in the snow...felt fine.

Toyo Open Country M/T's are their race spec tire that Trophy Trucks run 130+ mph with...so I wouldn't worry about those particular tires...as long as they are perfectly balanced.

I had my old Cup car up to 189 mph (on a laser)...at 8400 rpm with one gear to go.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '11 (limited to 100) will keep the trans in 4th if I keep my foot on the floor, even if it won't accelerate past 100. I verified that this weekend, but I was in offroad mode too so that may have something to do with it.

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was going about 230 KPH (according to gps) which i think is 142 MPH, and yeah my car is custom dyno tuned.

as for the fifth gear it's on that gear because i was still on full throttle.
but guys i really don't recommend doing this since the last time i went all out i broke my oil pump...

p.s as for the guys that say that the tires are only limited to 100MPH or whatever, i have obviously been way higher than that.
In fact, i have another thread about a type of off road wheel that you guys (assuming) dont get over there in the us and those tires are only rated for 120KPH but there are many videos of them going way over that i will attach videos to further elaborate.
In all the videos the cars are on these off road "balloon" tires
Nissan patrol vs murcielago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOWo8X84fSM
Nissan patrol vs 458 italia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8eA92ykfM
Nissan patrol 1000 whp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJSAbkVXW0I

Im not saying its safe, because yes eventually these tires will pop, my point is they are not going to explode for going 101MPH for a few minutes...