tire pressure sensor fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
bstoner59 said:
I try to keep them at 40 psi for that reason. Anything below can throw "low tire" warnings and 44+ just makes the ride especially the rear to firm for me.

How are your tires wearing with the lower pressure?

BlitzKrieg71

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Raptor and have had to take it in for 2 service events in the last 2 weeks for the Tire Sensor Fault. I just received a call from the dealer and they tell me that they cannot do anything for me as it would not error or fail while they had it. Talk about a bad customer experience Ford... My Vehicle Health Report shows the error, but the service techs cannot do anything until it fails for them. Seriously?

What's New With The Kruse Family?: Ford quality - obviously not job one

I should add that the tech also told me that I needed to bring the truck into them when the fault was happening. Last I knew their hours of operation were not similar to mine. The errors happen when they are closed....UUUUUUGGGGGGG!

Is there a Ford Service Representative that I can get a hold of to help me to address this issue?

-Steve

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Steve,
Sounds like you have a sensor going bad. You can buy oem ones on Amazon for about $37 each. Do you still have a warranty? Ford will charge you about $100 / sensor.

You can contact Crystal @FordService for some additional help.

Good luck my friend.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

BlitzKrieg71

Reaction score
Hey Steve,
Sounds like you have a sensor going bad. You can buy oem ones on Amazon for about $37 each. Do you still have a warranty? Ford will charge you about $100 / sensor.

You can contact Crystal @FordService for some additional help.

Good luck my friend.

Yukon Joe
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

I do have an extended warranty, so this should be covered however because the error does not always display the dealer techs are unable to replace as they are unsure which sensor is throwing the error. Seems like Ford has a bad design, and ties the hands of the techs which in-turn agitates the owner and potential future customers.

I spoke with the Dealership Management team last night. I reminded them I have spent more that $100K with them over the past couple of years and I am looking to buy another vehicle. So based on how they handle this situation that will dictate if I spend any more of my hard earned money with not only that dealer, but with Ford. If the price above is accurate, do they want to lose a customer over maybe $300 w/ labor?

I do have a case number and I expect a call later today... Hope they fix the problem and do so to my satisfaction. I will share the results once I have them...

-Steve