tire pressure sensor fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sweetride

Reaction score
My truck has been dinging for about a month now and into the shop three times, they replaced all four tire sensors and reset the computer, but yet after another visit friday its still dinging, any one out there know whats going on , seems like the ford dealer i go to has no idea how to fix it in three attempts????

OP
OP
S

sweetride

Reaction score
My truck has been dinging for about a month now and into the shop three times, they replaced all four tire sensors and reset the computer, but yet after another visit friday its still dinging, any one out there know whats going on , seems like the ford dealer i go to has no idea how to fix it in three attempts????

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The first time I got the "tire pressure sensor fault" was back in January on one of the Anza-Borrego trips... happened again on a subsequent trip but it reset itself both times.

Nothing for a few months.

Then in the past couple of months, it happens regularly. Mostly when I'm off road but it has happened on the pavement. Again, it always resets itself either when I'm driving or after I shut it off and restart. (But one restart doesn't always reset it... overnight always does.)

It's VERY annoying!!! But with mine it never stays on long enough to take it to the dealer while it's happening.

(For those who have not had this happen, it is not a "low tire" warning. The same tire warning goes off but the display says "sensor fault".)

On one off road trip, lvdezertdawg had his truck do the same thing within moments of mine. But as far as I know, his has only done it once.

I wish I knew what the fix was...

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The first time I got the "tire pressure sensor fault" was back in January on one of the Anza-Borrego trips... happened again on a subsequent trip but it reset itself both times.

Nothing for a few months.

Then in the past couple of months, it happens regularly. Mostly when I'm off road but it has happened on the pavement. Again, it always resets itself either when I'm driving or after I shut it off and restart. (But one restart doesn't always reset it... overnight always does.)

It's VERY annoying!!! But with mine it never stays on long enough to take it to the dealer while it's happening.

(For those who have not had this happen, it is not a "low tire" warning. The same tire warning goes off but the display says "sensor fault".)

On one off road trip, lvdezertdawg had his truck do the same thing within moments of mine. But as far as I know, his has only done it once.

I wish I knew what the fix was...

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what psi are you guys running?

Sometimes I've run mine a little low... but not quite low enough to set off the low pressure warning... about 38 psi.

I've also run at 40 psi and 44 psi... doesn't matter. It's NOT a low tire warning. The low tire warning says "low tire". I picked up a nail on Friday night and this morning I had the "low tire" warning come on... I've also purposely lowered the pressure and I get the "low tire" warning.

This is different. It's a "tire pressure sensor failure" warning. It dings like crazy for a while and the low tire icon light flashes for a while (versus coming on solid like it does with a low tire). The message center says "tire pressure sensor failure" instead of "low tire".

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what psi are you guys running?

Sometimes I've run mine a little low... but not quite low enough to set off the low pressure warning... about 38 psi.

I've also run at 40 psi and 44 psi... doesn't matter. It's NOT a low tire warning. The low tire warning says "low tire". I picked up a nail on Friday night and this morning I had the "low tire" warning come on... I've also purposely lowered the pressure and I get the "low tire" warning.

This is different. It's a "tire pressure sensor failure" warning. It dings like crazy for a while and the low tire icon light flashes for a while (versus coming on solid like it does with a low tire). The message center says "tire pressure sensor failure" instead of "low tire".