Tire Pressure Sensor Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Well that sucks- my old thread about how I put them in a pressurized PVC pipe isn't on here anymore.

Anyway, don't do it. It's not a long term solution as I would get a fault light about half the time.

At first I was getting the fault light all the time so I sawed my home-built cannister apart and took them to the dealership to reprogram them. One wouldn't read and I figured out it was slightly cracked. I then remembered the very first cannister I made I forgot to wait until the PVC glue was dry before I pressurized it. BOOM! All 4 TPMS sensors shot across the garage and into the wall.

So I bought an extra TPMS sensor from Pirate. Even with 4 good sensors pressurized correctly and synced with the truck I would still get the fault light and after doing some reading on it it might be a problem with their close proximity.

So I finally gave up and put them back in the tires. Hope this helps avoid a headache, BigJ.

dawing

Reaction score
TPMS trigger PSI

I usually raise and lower my tire pressure based weight. On my F250 I run 65psi when I am towing and 50 PSI when I,m not for a better ride. After 13 years and 3 sets of BFG's this has worked out well with no un-even tire wear.

What is the minimum cold PSI I can run on the Raptor before I get an alert ?

KeithS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the minimum cold PSI I can run on the Raptor before I get an alert ?

35psi is as low as I can go on my stock 2012 w/o setting off the alert. I have to inflate to about 40psi to turn off the light, but then I can lower to 35psi, which is what I use around town (very rough roads).

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, I do the same thing.. On Sunday during the fun in the mud the low tire alert popped on and scared me. Because I was running hard all weekend and never had an issue..So I got out and check the tires.. they looked fine, so I got out my pressure guage and one was at 34psi and all the rest were at 35+ psi... So needless to say I took it easy on the rest of the course, at that point my wife decided she didn't want to drive in the mud and we left Texas. Never had any issues with a leak or low pressure.. I am just wondering if the cold mud/cow crap water cooled that one tire just enough to drop the pressure...

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had this problem come up while driving down the highway then it turned off 2 hours later and then I stopped for gas turned off my truck and back on then the alert came up again and has been on for 5 days

Truck started dinging an engine light came on and panel came up with "Tire Pressure Sensor Fault"

Took it into Ford today they checked normal stuff to fix it and didn't work... bringing it back in on Monday to have them check it out again and take some stuff apart i guess

sultan

Reaction score
I have the same problem , I changed all tmps but still have the same message
I'm wondering is the spare tire involve in this ? Coz I don't have spare tire

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no the spare tire does not have a tire pressure monitor in it from the factory.

-Greg

I thought I read something about that message also concerning the spare tire… maybe not a sensor but maybe something telling you the tire is off or something but Ford said they are changing the main module? or some zinc something… Truck goes back in early next week but they also said it wouldn't fully take the error message away

Pretty annoying

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been getting the "fault" warning now that the temperatures are warmer. Here's my theory and the fix.
I have d rated tires and the recommended pressure is 50psi. (Stock bfgs are 44 i think) anyways with the warmer weather the tires heat up and im sure get to 55+ when driving. Hence the fault.
The fix-
Changed the tire pressure in forscan to 50psi.
Did it a week ago and haven't seen it since (note- before almost every time i drove)
So in a nutshell. Low pressure warning = low pressure. Fault warning = high pressure (or possibly bad sensor)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro