Tire Pressure Sensor Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's already a thread on this, but it looks like it got messed up during the forum merge, and there doesn't seem to be any resolution within it anyway. I thought I'd start a new one.

I just got this message. Its not the "Low Tire Pressure" error, it actually says "Tire Pressure Sensor Fault". A couple of stop/start cycles didn't clear it and my tires are at the correct PSI.

Any thoughts? Or better yet, any way to turn the damn things off permanently? I hate the low pressure warning when aired down for wheelin.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember one guy made a pvc pipe that looked like a bomb. He kept in the truck with all 4 sensors in it. How about mount all 4 sensors in the spare tire. As long as you have the spare with you all the time...

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a fualty sensor. The battery inside one of them died would be my guess (which requires buying a new sensor). On the 10 raptors the tpms system is incorperated in another main body module, then the signal to comand the light in the cluster is sent over a data communication bus. With the way the system works I'm doubtful there's an easy way to turn the light off. I'd do like hock suggested, build a tube or put them in your spare.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember one guy made a pvc pipe that looked like a bomb. He kept in the truck with all 4 sensors in it. How about mount all 4 sensors in the spare tire. As long as you have the spare with you all the time...

That was me who brought up the "bypass".

Here's the thread.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/tire-pressure-monitoring-system-tpms-1139/

Here's my directions.
Yes. There is a trick we do with the Mustangs.

1. Get yourself a plastic PVC Tube.
2. Seal one end of the tube.
3. Take your TPMS sensors out of the tires. Insert into PVC Tube.
4. Pad them to keep them being smashed to bits against each other.
5. Take the other end and install a pressure gauge and an inflator (your choice here on how to make it work).
6. Seal that end of the tube. Connect to air compressor and inflate to desired TPS sensor pressure.
7. Install tube someplace where it is out of the way and still easy to get to without rolling all over the place.

Now your TPS Sensors will not kick in the warning lights.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Any thoughts? Or better yet, any way to turn the damn things off permanently? I hate the low pressure warning when aired down for wheelin.

Well 2 stories. Our 2009 vett as the 2000 modle we had has a idividual tire pressure on the display so when one or all the tires are low it tells yoiu which one. These are like my Honda CRV. When any tire is low it goes off.

Last fall the CRV throws me the fault code or idiot light. I call the dealer and of corse they want me to bring it in. $100 and they will test reset or whatever. I am thinking to my fat self, when it gets cold out and the pressure is near the low point it throws the light. Well this time I get the faulty light and I think when 2 or maybe even all 4 tires get to the low point the system freaked and threw the fault.

So before I spent the money I aired the tires ALL up 5 lbs over the recomended 35 psi. The wife drove it to work for 3 days and the light stayed on. Then she went 2 miles to wally world and WAHLAH! The light goes out and we have never had any issues since. So maybe, just maybe you have 2 tires low? Or more?

BDRAG

Will

Reaction score
That was me who brought up the "bypass". Here's the thread. http://www.fordraptorfo

This trick doesn't works !!
i already try this on my raptor

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What we need is a solution to just turn it off or disable the system. Mine is always on. It doesn't really bother me anymore, but it would be great to turn it off.