Time to move on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey ya'll. Long time :)

The lady and I have decided that its time to move on from the Raptor, and get into something more fitting our lifestyle/hobbies these days. Very long story short (that still isn't over), health issues have completely killed any offroad adventuring like we used to love to do, and so for the past 3 years we've taken to more relaxed hobbies... you know, like road traveling, RV camping... and competitive shooting! :D And so we've started to dig into the world of trailers and as such need to see about getting a truck that can pull one. We're not looking to pull more than 10k lbs at this point, but even so our Raptor aint up for that.

Which leads me to this: what's the market look like for an OG Gen 1 2010 5.4, with all kinds of suspension and external mods (very well documented on these forums and elsewhere), with 120k miles, that still looks and runs as good as ever.

KB says $25k is about right for a good condition Raptor with these many miles, before any mods. You guys seeing numbers around there? More? Less?

Also, any feels on what might be a good next truck capable of daily drivering, pulling that 10k lbs, and that's as comfortable as the Raptor is? Doesn't have to be 4x4, although I think a rear locker is a must (we spend lots of time on firing ranges which can get very muddy; nothing needing a 4x4, but definitely stuff I'd feel better about powering thru with the rear locked.)

Anywho, just stopping by to say 'hey', get some feedback and to say happy Turkey Day to all you freaks :D Hope life is treating you well.

-J

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Sad to see you move on BigJ, but I definitely understand. It seems like the 5.4s are harder to move. I had mine up for around $25k earlier in the year and got no real bites on it. I don't have as many mods as you do though.

Enjoy your new hobbies and take care!

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eventually we will all have to make those kinds of decisions. In the end it's just a truck (granted the baddest off-road stock production truck ever) but this forum makes it feel like even more. GL down the road and have a great Thanksgiving!

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks All.

Aaron, so you never were able to sell it? Did you only list it here or were you trying locally as well?

Thanks again.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you thought about selling off some of the mods? I imagine its better to sell stuff separately from the truck and go back to as stock as you can

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Thanks All.

Aaron, so you never were able to sell it? Did you only list it here or were you trying locally as well?

Thanks again.

I had it up locally on CL as well. I guess I was just meant to hang onto it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hate to see you go, your threads have been very helpful to me so a big thanks for taking the time to do write ups. Good luck with your next vehicle (F-250) and future adventures!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you considered trading it in? Dealers are going nuts over these things right now, and I have a feeling that you could probably get near what it is worth on trade for a good towing rig.

If you are looking for a good looking, comfortable and all around awesome truck, make sure to check out the new F250's. You can get one of them decked out like a Cadillac, and they are great rigs. 4 doors are awesome for towing and comfort. Add a diesel, and the sky is the limit with power and reliability.

I've owned a bunch of 3/4 and 1 ton Fords, and I would go that direction without hesitation. Ford is also running all kinds of deals on these trucks but it is worth your time to search a little further out to get the right deal. DO yourself a favor and go drive a 3/4 ton. They really have come a long way since grandpa's old farm truck.

Good luck in your future endeavors, and check in once in a while. You've got a great truck. I'm sure someone will appreciate it as much as you did.