Thoughts on capless gas fill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Blukrom

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or if you're in NJ and not allowed by law to pump your own gas, you don't have to worry about osama chipping the paint on your fender by unscrewing and just dropping the gas cap against the paint every f'ing time!

What??? There is a law that you can't pump your own gas?? That's random.

OP
OP
Blukrom

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny. I was shock when I went to SC and all the bars had those little shot bottles to make mixed drinks. Bar tender said it was the law there too. WTF. Where do they come up with this stuff?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What??? There is a law that you can't pump your own gas?? That's random.

Pretty sure it's only 2 states where it's illegal. NJ and I want to say Oregon? Or one of those other "O" states.

It's retarded. You can pump your own diesel, pump your own kerosine, but not your own gasoline. And you'd be surprised how many people grow up here, never leave the state, then one day end up having to fill up out of state and are dumbfounded on how to work the pump....that is after they sit in their car for 10 mins biatching to themselves about where the attendant is at lol

Raptor108

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a convert. I thought the cap less filler was a gimmick and might be a source of trouble. Now I love it. Rain or snow, a faster visit to the fuel tank and no cap bouncing on the tether or forgotten on bed rail.

I did buy the locking plug in case I need to park overnight in some undesirable location, but haven't used it yet.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
There are several states with that actually.. totally random and very weird when you come from a place where you're used ti pumping your own gas.

Oregon is the other one. It's always an awkward moment when I pull into the first gas station I see in OR and forget they pump my gas for me and I get and just start to pump it and the attendant walks up all confused.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oregon is the other one. It's always an awkward moment when I pull into the first gas station I see in OR and forget they pump my gas for me and I get and just start to pump it and the attendant walks up all confused.

I heard they originally only passed the law to create 4000 minimum wage jobs to boost the economy.

Oh yeah, I have the locking cap. Ever seen the sugar trick? Sometimes my job requires me to disappoint people :)

Tomas

Reaction score

The first time I went to Oregon I had no idea this was the law. I started pumping my own gas and the attendant came running out with a fire extinguisher cuz he though I was going to blow the place up. LOL Then he got all worried that he was going to lose his job if people found out how easy it was to work the pump themselves.

I had to promise him that I wouldn't tell anyone.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I heard they originally only passed the law to create 4000 minimum wage jobs to boost the economy.

Oh yeah, I have the locking cap. Ever seen the sugar trick? Sometimes my job requires me to disappoint people :)

So, those are the jobs Obama was talking about creating.