Was thinking about selling my Raptor, not sure how to price it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marshallpulham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@elouai. I live in Victoria as well and basically have the exact same truck as you with similar kms they are full of it stay far far away from the Carson group. Try talking to another dealer every time I cruise the lots if I see a raptor it's very rarely under 47999 cdn with low km ... You probably see me around same truck as yours but 2014 hid retrofitted and Roush exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if that was intentional, it seemed like it snowballed a bit. Maybe I'm wrong though...

OP
OP
E

elouai

Reaction score
There was no intension to circumvent the rules.
In fact I think I stayed within the rules.

Let me describe the whole process I went through

My first stop was to a local ford dealership (part of the Carson group, I think they also own the GM suburban dealerships)
When I stepped into the showroom asking about what they can offer for a trade in they low balled me offering between $35,000 to $36,000 CDN. Saying it's depreciated, that at Canadian dealer auctions they can get this truck for between $35,000 to $38,0000 and it would not make sense to pay more. Maybe it might be have been true 6 months ago, but somehow I distrusted their numbers.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt. But I left with a bad taste in my mouth after dealing with them.

My pricing was based also on what I saw listed on autotrader, 2011 raptors, for example one raptor in Vancouver still had not sold 3 months later (I think), he also dropped the price to 41,500CDN, another with a full luxury package in Kelowna had dropped in price from 48,499 to 47,998 I think. Also the mileage on both was 70,000 or 80,000 kms, my truck was just over 23,000 kms.

My originall inclination was to list it at $45,000 (about 6k higher than what I thought the dealers would pay) but after asking for advice at this forum (fordraptorforum.com) I listed the truck for $48,500, a few salesmen in the Victoria area who I knew thought I was pricing it 2-3k to high.

After asking for adive at this forum,
I listed the truck for sale on 3 websites
autotrader.ca
kijiji
and usedvictoria.

I ended up getting 1 offer coming from autotrader (one of the carson group, this time from GM suburban, they offered $39,000 for the truck, one of the salespeople, he said he could go higher and would have to ask his salesmanager, I said only if they offered at least $45,000 otherwise not to bother calling back).

Then I got an offer from someone who came from kijiji who was from Seattle, offer of $46,000.

30 minutes later 2 more offers came in

one was a wholesaler in Vancouver, don't know who the end buyer was, but I had a strong suspicion it was American,
and the other fellow from Victoria on behalf of an American friend. They offered the full price after they heard that a sale was pending.
They both were nice people, and placed them on a waiting list.

So to recap I had posted in the afternoon, got most of the calls and emails between 6pm and 9pm, once I came to an agreement on the phone, I removed the ads from all the websites by 10pm. Still fielded another 4 calls with interest in the truck, had 2 more the next day. Told them there is a waiting list of already 2 and I was not accepting any more offers.

The fellow from Seattle came by with his young son, very pleasant honest fellow, was a pleasure to speak to him. Took 2 hours to sort out the paperwork. He had paid a broker to prepare all the paperwork for him. So it was quick and easy. So his cost was maybe $350-500 for the broker, the drive, the gas, the time, there was $100 fee to transfer the warranty to his name which he could do at any local Ford dealership. He dropped us off at the Mazda dealership and we spent the rest of the day picking out and leasing a new car.

I must say, the mazda 3's feel like a go kart after driving the raptor.

Just wanted to share my experience, I did not think I circumvented any rules. I can see how this post can seem like that, but I truly wanted some advice. By sharing my story and the process I went through I hope this can clear up any misconceptions about my intentions.

What I learned from this,

I strongly believe two things,
1) the Raptor has a stronger following in the US then Canada, and
2) The marketplace here still has not adjusted to the canadian dollar being so low compared to the US.

I am passing on information to others, so if they do decide to sell their trucks, they can benefit from my experience and mistakes.

Thanks for all the replies.

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We called him out and he immediately edited his post when it got to that point.

There was no intension to circumvent the rules.
In fact I think I stayed within the rules.

Sounds like it sold so pretty much irrelevant but there's still a price, pic, and a link to a for sale ad. Seems a lot like a for sale ad to me.

I decided to post it up for sale for $48,500CDN (Which is $38,800 US).

Here is the picture of the truck in my driveway.
Posted it on Kijiji
$_20.jpg

Here is the link to the posting.
2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Pickup Truck | used cars & trucks | Victoria | Kijiji

Last edited:

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh le french le sales. ahh circumcise ley rules. suspect americana. bahhh! ( if you say this with a french accent its way more fun )

Last edited: