Was thinking about selling my Raptor, not sure how to price it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Even at $38k, it was too cheap. Knew it wouldn't last on the market long. KBB show trade-in was $48k so black book had to be around $43k or so. Wish I just had extra cash laying around....

OP
OP
E

elouai

Reaction score
I think the issue here is the exchange rate is what has caused this issue. About 6 months ago the Canadian dollar and US dollar were on parity.

So selling my truck at $48,000 CDN would also be $48,000 US.

However since the oil price collapsed the Canadian dollar took a big hit,
hence all the good deals, I guess not only for raptors but other vehicles.

Also there was another raptor truck in Vancouver priced at 41k and its still not sold. Another 2011 with more mileage. If I was off in price, I would say maybe 2 -3k. I don't want to be greedy, as I said before the truck was mostly sitting in our driveway.

The decision was we either sell it this month or keep it for the next 4 years.

Yes, I sometimes feel it might have sold too cheap, and I am filled with regret, but not about the price so much as about selling the truck. So far its not sold yet. They are coming by today ... man its tougher than I expected (emotionally that is). Never felt that about any other car I owned in the past.

D

Deleted member 12951

Stick with your decisions and follow through. We shouldn't give you a hard time, its your call not ours but you did come onto the forum asking how to price it and we just gave you our opinions. I showed your listing to my brother who has more disposal income than me and he thought for the price that it was a scam, LOL.

I couldn't sell mine even if I only drove it to Raptor Runs but then again its my daily driver too.

Good luck with whatever you do.

So are you getting anything else to replace it?

OP
OP
E

elouai

Reaction score
You know thats funny.
Only now am I trying to figure that out, the replacement car.

I don't have a replacement car in mind.
Certainly there is NO replacement for a raptor.

So need to go through that process, like I said, the only emotion that I can equate to the way I feel is as if I went through a breakup.

Mentally I am just not ready to look for that replacement 'spouse' as I might put it, I think I am in that space now. Just going through the motions.

Its silly I know, writing it down and reading it back. But I am starting the process today.