Was thinking about selling my Raptor, not sure how to price it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elouai

Reaction score
I was thinking about selling my Ford Raptor.
Love the truck,
... hard decision,

Forgive me if the this post is in the wrong category. Not sure where to post it

but Now ...
I was confused at how to price it.

This is a 2011 Super Crew Ford raptor, has a sunroof, tailgate, rear view camera in rear view mirror.
Mileage is 22,100kms (13,733 miles)
Has a fully transferable warranty (60,000kms or 7 years which ever comes first)

Single owner,
we live in a mild climate, (read they hardly ever put salt on the roads, Victoria Canada)
Non smoking, no accidents.

When I go to the dealer here they said their black book (which is a dealer auction) this truck sells for around $35,000 - 38,000 Cdn ( $28,000 - $30,400 US)

Is this right?

D

Deleted member 12951

They are low balling you. A king ranch or platinum maybe but not a Raptor. You should be closer to $40k US

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking about selling my Ford Raptor.
Love the truck,
... hard decision,

Forgive me if the this post is in the wrong category. Not sure where to post it

but Now ...
I was confused at how to price it.

This is a 2011 Super Crew Ford raptor, has a sunroof, tailgate, rear view camera in rear view mirror.
Mileage is 22,100kms (13,733 miles)
Has a fully transferable warranty (60,000kms or 7 years which ever comes first)

Single owner,
we live in a mild climate, (read they hardly ever put salt on the roads, Victoria Canada)
Non smoking, no accidents.

When I go to the dealer here they said their black book (which is a dealer auction) this truck sells for around $35,000 - 38,000 Cdn ( $28,000 - $30,400 US)

Is this right?

Yeah with stories of dealers offering 65k on the spot I'd say they're taking you for that price.

OP
OP
E

elouai

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

Earlier
I had dropped at the local Ford dealer

Right away, out comes the sales form.
Out comes the pen, and he start filling in the form.

I tried explaining I was not looking to buy anything today, but he was just so gung ho about it.

I said what the heck, I have an hour to kill as the detailing shop cleaned my raptor.

Out he pulls the Canadian Black Book website, which he says are the dealer auctions for this truck, and the price there was what I quoted ($35,000 - 38,000 CDN).
... after an hour, and a test drive of a Ford Focus, it was painful, (I did say I really was not interested, but he had a couple of funny stories and I did have time to kill).

At the end of the day he implied they would pay $38,000CDN.
I said thank you for their time, but I would be selling it myself.

He tries to dissuade, you just have to smile, the life of the car salesman is tough, especially in the internet era. He said I would be liable for taxes and that the dealer would take care of that for me (actually when the car gets registered you would pay the PST GST at the time of the registration, 12%). I said I still wanted to go through the process anyways. BTW if its a US resident that buys it, they get refunded by cheque in the mail, since it was not sold to a resident of the state or country.

To make a long story short I decided to post it up for sale for $48,500CDN (Which is $38,800 US).

Here is the picture of the truck in my driveway.
Posted it on Kijiji
$_20.jpg

Here is the link to the posting.
2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Pickup Truck | used cars & trucks | Victoria | Kijiji

Sigh.
I am really of two minds here. I really just want to keep the truck, but it just sits in the driveway for like 6 days out of 7.

Thanks for the all advice, did not even realize to look at ebay.

Last edited: